Welcome to the iPad 3 Forum!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by iDan, Dec 29, 2011.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    With all the rumors really starting to circulate through the interwebs we felt it was time to open a section dedicated to the next generation and rumored iPad 3. So who's ready to upgrade?? :)
  2. ipadder474

ipadder474 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Seems like the ipad3 is soon to be here. USAToday said maybe next Month And Larger screen,as if it,s really needed.
  3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Found it, Marilyn.

:)

I'm upgrading!
  4. jasmynsway

jasmynsway iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm on the fence about upgrading. I have an iPad 2 and love it. I'd consider upgrading if they came out with the rumored 7"-ish iPad. That would lighten my load and the small screen would suit my uses. I'd have to try it out first for sure.
  5. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am new to ipad2 as I only got mine in October so if I did a trade in can I transfer all my data that I have on my ipad2 to ipad3 as my apps and ebooks I have bought etc? If so how is this done???
  6. luvbugipad2

luvbugipad2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear its going to be 20 percent smaller as for the display screen and a battery to charge which will make the price go up:(. I think it is the most expensive tablet on the market now how much more $$$$ when they are starting 499.99 for the ipad2...:(
  7. Tablets

Tablets iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have read most of the news and th e latest news says that iPad 3 is going to launch in the first week of MArch. I thing this is to become true, as if you have noticed that most of the Apple products have launched in the month of March...
  8. Wildfire

Wildfire iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I'll buy one because I waited long enough and didn't have much luck with the iPhone 4s. So I'm betting the house on finding everything I want in the iPad3
    Now that I got my refund for the 4s, I have a few hundred bucks ready to spend and by cutting out my weekly steak, I should have enough to buy the iPad 3 with 64GB and 3G/4G??? with my wife's permission:D

9. @ndr3w

@ndr3w iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like you have to go through the capital expenditure request (wife ) as well! Mind you, mine was easy. All I said is that she can have my iPad 2!
  10. Bobsteele

Bobsteele iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got my iPad2 about 6-months ago.... So will wait a little time... Maybe give my 8- year grandson my iP2....then get my iP3...

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  11. @ndr3w

@ndr3w iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like an idea. To be honest i don't let my two daughters near my iPad 2! When I get the 3 and give the 2 to my wife, I'm sure they will be using it!
  12. SunsNut

SunsNut iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I've read the specs (now that they've been released) on the new iPad and while it's tempting I'm thinking I'll just stay with my old original iPad that I bought at a VERY reduced price right after the iPad 2 was announced. I just got a new Droid 4 with 4GLTE and there is a lapdock for that which includes a 14" monitor and keyboard. Including the cost of the phone it's still cheaper for me to go that route and then I feel I'd have the best of both worlds.
  13. purplezz

purplezz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cant wait :D:D:D!!! Gotta see how much better it is than the Ipad 2!!!
  14. edwardallene

edwardallene iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Still Ipad2 is my baby. I guess the features are just the same as well as Ipad2. Consistency, application, Fast browsing it's all in Ipad2. Ipad 2 cost too much and I guess that's the reason why I wanted to stick to my gadget:eek:.
  15. Sjmckee

Sjmckee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So what's good about a forum if there is no exchange, ya'll just making statements. I'm looking to hear any issue, pros or cons, I have an iPad 1 and want to upgrade...
  16. iRager

iRager iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I'd upgrade if I were you, I can see where some people are coming from when they say that it may not be worth upgrading from the iPad 2 to the 3 but from the 1 it is definately worth it
  17. zphone

zphone iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Welcome - you may want to start off with a post in the new user section to introduce yourself.
    Judging from the trending on my poll about what people are upgrading from - you would be in good company in upgrading from the iPad1.
    The iPad 3 is my first iPad and I could not be any happier with it. It works exactly as I expected which is a saying a lot since I expected a lot. I use it mainly for reading, browsing, viewing pictures and videos - so the screen was my number one reason for getting an iPad.
  18. tuffigirl

tuffigirl iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't been to the forums in a while, I've been sick... it's nice to be back. :) I said I wouldn't upgrade from my iPad 2... I really saw no reason for it. I had waited so long for a jailbreak I did not want to give it up! lol Until I went to Best Buy on Saturday and saw for myself what all the fuss was about.... oh that screen !! I caved... then had to decide between the 64GB WiFi version or the 32GB 4G LTE, I went with the former cause I use mine for tons of movies and I have a portable hotspot I can take with me on the go. I can also tether to my Samsung Infuse which is 4G. But now I'm wondering if I did the right thing... even with all my movies on there I'm only up to 12GB's... but then I don't have all the themes and tweaks from my jailbroken iPad 2 on there. Now I'm wondering if the 4G 32GB would have been the way to go? I still have a week and a 1/2 to change my mind... any opinions would be appreciated. :)
  19. RodC

RodC iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Is it correct to refer to the iPad as 3 - or simply as the "New" iPad. I did not see anywhere in the Keynote presentation. It would certainly be more convenient to simply refer to it as the 3 as it is the 3rd generation indeed. However, it seems Apple have decided, due to most probably marketing reasons not to refer to it as simply the 3rd in a row - but the all-New one. =)

I certainly don't want to start a useless debate over the "politically correct" way to refer to the device of the sort "why it should not call our iPod Touch an 'iTouch' "; which debate I find useless.

Just pure curiosity.
  20. zphone

zphone iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    You can refer to it as the new iPad and I will say iPad3 or iPad three or the third generation iPad, and we will understand each other with no need for translation. All is good, and there is not a darn thing in the world Apple can do anything about it ;-)