Rumor: iPad 3 to be announced on March 7

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Milanno, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Milanno

Milanno
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I can proudly admit that I am prepared too :) Cant wait to start sketching my new renders on Retina display!

2. iLloyd

iLloyd
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My iPad 1 is on eBay as we speak :)

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

3. nade1958

nade1958
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yay.....can't wait

4. augustya

augustya
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    NextMedia / Apple Daily claims to have received the following photos and information through "special channels". The photo below shows what is claimed to be an overview shot of the new iPad 3 back enclosure (top of image) as well as a comparison shot between the original iPad, the iPad 2 and the New iPad (inset). (via Apple pro)
    iPad-3.JPG
    The shell should look familiar as it seems to be the same part we previously published. The lighting, however, is much better in this shot, and reveals the more subtle changes. There are notably no markings on the back of the case besides the Apple logo, itself.

The iPad 3 enclosure seems to have a more gradual taper to the edges than the iPad 2. The taper is seen better on the top overview photograph. As a result of this longer taper, the iPad 3's camera rests on the taper itself. We saw this before but due to the dark lighting of that image, the taper seemed more exaggerated.

The absolute positioning of the camera doesn't seem that far off from the iPad 2, but the lens does appear larger. According to NextMedia, the new iPad 3 camera will see a significant upgrade to 8 megapixels. The current iPad 2 back camera is 1 megapixel in resolution. The site also summarizes many of the other expectations for the iPad 3, such as an improved display, quad-core CPU, and a March 7th announcement date.

5. exile

exile
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I don't want to start a new thread about nothing so I'll post it here :D

Does anyone remember the time frame of the 2; from when it was released to when they started shipping out units? If I remember correctly the unveil/release was in march as well... Then they started fulfilling orders.... ??? How many weeks later after the release??...

Just trying to gauge a rough relative time frame....

6. Milanno

Milanno
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    About 10 days after official release iPad 2 started with sale.

7. augustya

augustya
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    One of my friend asked this the other day, that I already have the iPad-2 I dont know what special is the iPad-3 gonna do ?? I told him well yes, the screen is a big enticing factor of the iPad-3 but other wise if someone already has a iPad-2 there is no real need for someone to upgrade it unless someone has to !! If someone never had a iPad and wants to own one, this could be a good entry point to own a iPad with the iPad-3.

8. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ipad 2 - announced 3/2 and shipped 3/11

9. exile

exile
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Nice thanks guys :)

10. nade1958

nade1958
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for this...I asked the question but nobody responded. March cannot get here quick enough.