Rumor: iPad 3 to be announced on March 7

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Milanno, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Milanno

Milanno
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Rumor: iPad 3 to be announced on March 7
    By AppleInsider Staff

Source: http://www.appleinsider.com

2. augustya

augustya
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    This is now becoming like a pendulum sometimes it swings in the favour of, that it will not be bulky as it is gonna use the IGZO display developed by sharp which doesn’t require a Dual LED lighting, and sometimes it says it will require a Dual LED Light hence the bigger battery. Though everyone is talking about Display Panels being developed by Sharp. There is another Rumour Mill in South Korea which says that the workers in the LG Display Plant in Seoul are working overtime to be able to cope-up with the timely supply of the Display Panels for the iPad-3.

God knows what’s gonna happen !! Steve in the heaven would be chuckling on how things are moving ! Especially with the Rumours reaching such a unprecedented new heights !! :p

3. augustya

augustya
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I dont know if this comes to you as a big shock ;) But the Retina Display that you see on the iPhone 4 and 4S has been developed by Sharp :)

Correction it is LG Display and not Sharp. :(

#3 augustya, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  4. Milanno

Milanno
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I never had interest to know who made Retina display for iPhone 4S, but its great to hear that Sharp is able to develop & produce such amazing display :)

5. augustya

augustya
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    They did with iPhone 4s but now I am a little uncomfortable with they developing it for iPad-3 because here they are talking about completely using a new Display technology IGZO which has not been used, tested or there have not been any documented reports anywhere in the world of how the IGZO display is !! Had they been using the traditional IPS display which features in the iPad. iPad-2 and would have added more pixels and Dual LED lights to it. That would have been a safe Bet. But now only Sharp and the Team working on iPad-3 from Apple know how this damn IGZO thing is :confused:

6. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok I know the release of the iPad is near and yes I know we are all excited but for the moment everything is rumors. No I am not closing the thread however please restrain from linking to other sites and posting stuff that really is rumors and nothing more. We welcome constructive comments thoughts and of course your input that is what the forum is about. So I hope you all understand that we do not allow links to blogs on other sites period so please please avoid this. Enjoy and happy posting and yes I will be first in line for an iPad 3 or what ever Apple calls it when it is released in Australia.

Oh one more thing..........

I started with Apple as a user in 1978 and have used, purchased or tested almost every product they have produce good and bad and personally I have total confidence in what Apple will provide in the upcoming iPad release. What one has to understand this development for the latest iPad has been going on for years not just months so relax and enjoy what they serve up....Bon appetite

7. Milanno

Milanno
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanx for warning/advice. I promise that I will avoid posting any further info/rumors on this forum & I totally agree with your arguments.

edit: Can anyone explain what exacly IGZO display means? (I just found this - 330 dpi / without IPS or a dual-bar backlight)

#7 Milanno, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  8. socialfactoryuk

socialfactoryuk
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I was just reading a blog today about iPad 3... It says that the iPad would have a Quad Core processor.. that'll be amazing... because rest of the iPad are pretty slow

#8 socialfactoryuk, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  9. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As we get closer to the day that Apple releases the new iPad, the rumors will be hot and heavy. Apple has a tendency to leak most of the features ahead of time to trusted sources. Howevr, they have also been known to leak false information to stir the pot. Or to be more precise, to gauge the public attitude for the next generation's potential features. I have no doubts that March 7 will be the day they announce the next iPad. It will have more processing power, and better resolution. It will be priced the same, and there will be one last thing. Other than those basic considerations, all bets are off. For the iphone lovers, the iPhone 5 will have the same processor as the new iPad, so this gives a good look at it.

10. donka

donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    While I agree they quite possibly do this at some stage in a product's development, it is a bit late in the day to say that is precisely why they would leak information now ahead of a possible launch in three or four weeks time.