Welcome to the iPad 3 Forum!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by iDan, Dec 29, 2011.

1. @ndr3w

@ndr3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like an idea. To be honest i don't let my two daughters near my iPad 2! When I get the 3 and give the 2 to my wife, I'm sure they will be using it!

2. SunsNut

SunsNut
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've read the specs (now that they've been released) on the new iPad and while it's tempting I'm thinking I'll just stay with my old original iPad that I bought at a VERY reduced price right after the iPad 2 was announced. I just got a new Droid 4 with 4GLTE and there is a lapdock for that which includes a 14" monitor and keyboard. Including the cost of the phone it's still cheaper for me to go that route and then I feel I'd have the best of both worlds.

3. purplezz

purplezz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Cant wait :D:D:D!!! Gotta see how much better it is than the Ipad 2!!!

4. edwardallene

edwardallene
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Still Ipad2 is my baby. I guess the features are just the same as well as Ipad2. Consistency, application, Fast browsing it's all in Ipad2. Ipad 2 cost too much and I guess that's the reason why I wanted to stick to my gadget:eek:.

5. Sjmckee

Sjmckee
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So what's good about a forum if there is no exchange, ya'll just making statements. I'm looking to hear any issue, pros or cons, I have an iPad 1 and want to upgrade...

6. iRager

iRager
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I'd upgrade if I were you, I can see where some people are coming from when they say that it may not be worth upgrading from the iPad 2 to the 3 but from the 1 it is definately worth it

7. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Welcome - you may want to start off with a post in the new user section to introduce yourself.
    Judging from the trending on my poll about what people are upgrading from - you would be in good company in upgrading from the iPad1.
    The iPad 3 is my first iPad and I could not be any happier with it. It works exactly as I expected which is a saying a lot since I expected a lot. I use it mainly for reading, browsing, viewing pictures and videos - so the screen was my number one reason for getting an iPad.

8. tuffigirl

tuffigirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I haven't been to the forums in a while, I've been sick... it's nice to be back. :) I said I wouldn't upgrade from my iPad 2... I really saw no reason for it. I had waited so long for a jailbreak I did not want to give it up! lol Until I went to Best Buy on Saturday and saw for myself what all the fuss was about.... oh that screen !! I caved... then had to decide between the 64GB WiFi version or the 32GB 4G LTE, I went with the former cause I use mine for tons of movies and I have a portable hotspot I can take with me on the go. I can also tether to my Samsung Infuse which is 4G. But now I'm wondering if I did the right thing... even with all my movies on there I'm only up to 12GB's... but then I don't have all the themes and tweaks from my jailbroken iPad 2 on there. Now I'm wondering if the 4G 32GB would have been the way to go? I still have a week and a 1/2 to change my mind... any opinions would be appreciated. :)

9. RodC

RodC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is it correct to refer to the iPad as 3 - or simply as the "New" iPad. I did not see anywhere in the Keynote presentation. It would certainly be more convenient to simply refer to it as the 3 as it is the 3rd generation indeed. However, it seems Apple have decided, due to most probably marketing reasons not to refer to it as simply the 3rd in a row - but the all-New one. =)

I certainly don't want to start a useless debate over the "politically correct" way to refer to the device of the sort "why it should not call our iPod Touch an 'iTouch' "; which debate I find useless.

Just pure curiosity.

10. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You can refer to it as the new iPad and I will say iPad3 or iPad three or the third generation iPad, and we will understand each other with no need for translation. All is good, and there is not a darn thing in the world Apple can do anything about it ;-)