What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNTETHERED JAILBREAK For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 WORKING!

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Pod2g, the person responsible for the upcoming UNTETHERED iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1 Jailbreak, has posted a blog post with the current status of the process. This Jailbreak has been in the works for the past few months and has had it's fair share of kinks in the road. Apple unfortunately patched Pod2g's exploit which he was working on, so he had to start from scratch. The older devices are doing just fine with this Jailbreak and now we have confirmation of another step forward for the A5 devices.

"OK, figured it out, the A5 cache is not a problem anymore.
I sorted it out by doing the untether in a single thread and by flushing all the dcache then all the icache in a row at a strategical point of the process.

It took me like a hundred of tests to find the key. Hard for the nerves.

For the tech guys, here is a link explaining issues related to self modifying code ( or code patching ) on the ARM platform : Caches and Self-Modifying Code - ARM Community

Another news : I discussed with @saurik today about the launchd boot process, and he's found one missing piece of the puzzle I needed to have a perfectly stable jailbreak. He's definitly one of the best iOS gurus out there. Thank you saurian!"

The founder of Cydia himself stepped in to help out Pod2g by supposedly giving him a missing piece of the puzzle. This is all Pod2g needed to complete a "perfectly stable Jailbreak". We should be seeing a Jailbreak for at least the non-A5 devices very soon with the Jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 coming shortly after. Stay tuned for the latest news on the Jailbreak!

pod2g's iOS blog: No more cache troubles

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am already JB, babe!

I do need to upgrade, I guess though. Actually ~ I really have no idea what I am doing with regards to my current JB. I need to consult my two experts ~ Leigh and Marilyn.

:)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to see a 25th December release, how great would Christmas be then!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AWESOME NEWS! and on top of that its 5.0.1 :) great great...ALL Those who wanna upgrade shud do it now coz even apple is seeing this thread :p

another request...IS THERE ANY WAY TO BRING BACK 'LYRICS' in itunes?? :(

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't upgrade your A5 devices yet is my advice. It sounds like they are working too, but he hasn't said "upgrade" yet like he did with the others.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't upgrade your A5 devices yet is my advice. It sounds like they are working too, but he hasn't said "upgrade" yet like he did with the others.

but what if APPLE stops signing current version [5.0.1] and updates with a patch? then no one can save their shsh blobs..and its always good to save them.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if A5 doesn't work on 5.0.1? I'm not sure we can use our blobs to downgrade do its all a calculated gamble. I'd rather be sure a jailbreak than risk not having a blob.

migo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a jailbreak available for the ipad2 4.3.5

Most reactions

Latest posts