What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of UNTETHERED iOS 5.0 JAILBREAK| iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch, 3GS

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

In pod2g's latest blog post he talks about the progress of the iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 UNTETHERED Jailbreak. recently we heard news that Apple has patched his exploit he was going to use for the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S so research has to start all over again. People who donated for the support of the Jailbreak should be happy to know that pod2g spent the donations on an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2 for testing.

The blog post titled "Progress" says:

"Hello my friends,I know that I've been silent yesterday and that it was annoying.

Sorry for this, but I had to organize things for the release.
Also, I've tested iPad 1 and it worked.
Today I hope I can test a 3Gs.

BTW: please don't propose to be a beta tester because I'm too paranoid, fearing leaks.

Now the time to finalize the jailbreak for old devices, fix some stability issues and package the whole.That will take some days.

In the meanwhile, I'm starting the research for iPad 2 and 4S.I'll take you informed of my progress.

Finally, I want to thank all who donated. I now can buy both devices! I don't know what to say.

Thank you very much my friends.
Have a good day!

See ya."

So hopefully if all goes well, we should at least be seeing a Jailbreak for the older devices soon. Let's hope that the Jailbreak for the older devices will be released for at least those users sooner. More news as the story unfolds!

pod2g's iOS blog: Progress

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts