What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNTETHERED JAILBREAK For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 WORKING!

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's sort of a dice throw, when Apple releases 5.0.2 they will stop signing 5.0.1 I'm really hoping he tells us what he's working on before it drops or a lot of us could be stuck on 5 but that doesn't mean things are hopeless. They say a 5.0 JB is coming for A4 devices. I find it hard to believe he's not working on 5.0.1 devices, but the advice above is best..luntil we hear something stay put.

jpro80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guthrien said:
It's sort of a dice throw, when Apple releases 5.0.2 they will stop signing 5.0.1 I'm really hoping he tells us what he's working on before it drops or a lot of us could be stuck on 5 but that doesn't mean things are hopeless. They say a 5.0 JB is coming for A4 devices. I find it hard to believe he's not working on 5.0.1 devices, but the advice above is best..luntil we hear something stay put.

Gotcha, that's great info for a newbie like myself. How do I know if my ipad2 is a4 or a5 ? All I know is it's an ipad2 and is 5.0 ...is there a sticky on this forum or something that can give me a general understanding so I don't have to spam everyone reding this thread with pointless drivel? Hehe

jpro80

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jpro80 said:
Gotcha, that's great info for a newbie like myself. How do I know if my ipad2 is a4 or a5 ? All I know is it's an ipad2 and is 5.0 ...is there a sticky on this forum or something that can give me a general understanding so I don't have to spam everyone reding this thread with pointless drivel? Hehe

jpro80

iPhone 4S and iPad 2 are both A5 devices, iPhone 4 and below are A4 devices.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i Hope it comes out on NEW YEAR..I have a feeling they have set the deadline to new year only! Fingers crossed..

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jpro80 said:
Thanks for the info NEO.... Is there a way to upgrade to 5.0.1 in the event that the exploit only works for that? I thought that iTunes will upgrade you to the latest one always. I really appreciate your quick response man. Many thanks a head of time! :). In the meantime I'll stay on 5.0 I guess.

jpro80

Personally if I was you I would stay on 5.0. I currently have an iPad and an iPad 2. I used the untethered jb on our iPad last night and it worked perfectly on 5.0.1. My iPad 2 is on 4.3.3 which is the only version that has been jail broken at the moment. I'm aware that pod2g has found an exploit in the 5.0.1 firmware for iPad 2 as well.

There are many way to upgrade to other firmware versions other than what apple tell you to through iTunes. If you look here [Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPad-related sites. We have our own download links and information. Please don't post others and read the rules! Thanks.] you can download and use any firmware for any apple device and install through iTunes. It's really simple. The thing you need to do is just not update. If you do then it is difficult to downgrade but possible. Sometimes it doesn't work though as you need shsh blobs from your device.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NEOBAHAMUT said:
Personally if I was you I would stay on 5.0. I currently have an iPad and an iPad 2. I used the untethered jb on our iPad last night and it worked perfectly on 5.0.1. My iPad 2 is on 4.3.3 which is the only version that has been jail broken at the moment. I'm aware that pod2g has found an exploit in the 5.0.1 firmware for iPad 2 as well.

There are many way to upgrade to other firmware versions other than what apple tell you to through iTunes. If you look here [Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPad-related sites. We have our own download links and information. Please don't post others and read the rules! Thanks.] you can download and use any firmware for any apple device and install through iTunes. It's really simple. The thing you need to do is just not update. If you do then it is difficult to downgrade but possible. Sometimes it doesn't work though as you need shsh blobs from your device.

Agh I'm sorry about that. Wasn't aware

picdienasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to know if this " stable jailbreak" for ios5 is ready. I have an iPhone 4 and iPad 2 3G and would very much like to jailbreak the ios5. If anyone an maybe help with a link that would be great.

Thnx in advance.

PinkPrincess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zerofunseeker said:
waiting for Jan 7. jailbreak for IOS 5.0.1 (A5) will be released.

omg! That's great news IF it comes out for the 7th if not I'm sure it won't be long after :)

Most reactions

Latest posts