What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

@pod2g has just tweeted that he has made a step in the Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 which he should hopefully release as soon as next week. This Untethered Jailbreak will be for iOS 5.0.1, so if you are on iOS 5.0, it is time to update before Apple decides to release iOS 5.1. Don't be surprised if iOS 5.1 patches the Jailbreak and then you are stuck forever or until a newer Jailbreak is released which might not even happen until iOS 6 or a later firmware. @pod2g tweeted the following:

"I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week."

"Yes, upgrade your 4S and iPad 2 to 5.0.1."

So it is safe to update to iOS 5.0.1 through iTunes, but make sure you aren't accidentally updating to iOS 5.1 which should be out soon! Full video and tutorial on how to untether your iPhone 4S & iPad 2 when it is released, until then, remember to subscribe!

pod2g Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/pod2g

iOS 5.0.1 Firmware downloads:
iPhone, iPod, iPad and Firmware/Software Download

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EHow Sweet It Is!%5E_%5E.gif

markus3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does he mean by "third party source" . I thought the shsh from 5.0.1 are not usable at this time for A5

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goavs18 said:
does this include Iphone 4? should I upgrade mine too or leave it on OS 5?

iPhone 4 is already done! Google reds ow corona, very easy JB!

Most reactions

Latest posts