What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official "I got my iPad Pro" thread

scrufy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked up mine from BB yesterday. It had a hard time recognizing my wifi password both at work and at home. Eventually accepted the home pw.

First impressions: very nice. It's light, and very thin. I'm almost afraid it will bend easily. I like the large screen. I can't wait to get the keyboard and pencil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. Mine didnt work with my 5g net pass either. I just connected to mt 2.4g net then later the 5g worked fine.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got my space grey 128gb wifi only today. I was long overdue for a replacement for my first gen iPad. I'm very happy with it so far, going through the 170+ apps I haven't used in forever to see what still holds up will take a while.

Mine connected to the wifi fine on the first try, but I'm having trouble getting it to show me emails more recent than 2013

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, I got my 32GB, WiFi-only iPad Pro last Wednesday (Nov 11). TBH, I thought I was getting up really early so I could ensure I'd get my order in so I could be in on the first shipment; I didn't expect until Friday, or later. I ordered a space gray iPad with the dark gray Smart Cover (not the keyboard) and an Apple Pencil.

Imagine my happiness when I saw I could pick it up the iPad and the cover! So, I've had it for a couple of days and am very, very pleased with my purchase. For an older person with relatively poor eyesight, I love the size of this thing! Here it is next to my "old" iPad Air:

a6324a5eb0bf948b315f6f0c183b60a0.jpg

I love the new on-screen keyboard - it has the numbers and often used symbols on it! Now, if only app developers would do their updates so they can access this new keyboard as its amazing how fast I got used to it. Here's keyboard with the Tapatalk app:

46e4eecf9a5f680928a861d5751e45d3.jpg

And here it is for a stock app (Notes, in this case):

9812b3e7d78aaf6d2f0756aade7038de.jpg

See why I want developers to update their apps to use the new keyboard?! :)

Oh, and the less said about how I'm still waiting on my Apple Pencil to ship, the better! Tho I did get my order in so I should see it by 30 November ... I want it now! :D

I'm so glad I upgraded to this. Gonna be a blast to use - mainly as a "couch-surfing" tool.

Marilyn

rollerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my 128GB Gold Verizon iPad Pro wed online and picked it up 1 hr later at the Tualaian Apple store. I like it a lot but I will still keep my iPad Air.

Bill Johnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm going through a major bout of depression this week - i'm currently 1/2 way through a week long treatment from the dentist which includes super strong antibiotics, meaning i cant touch alcohol for 2 weeks, and my car has just packed up. so im in pain with no wheels.

but, the arrival of my ipad will cheer me up immensely, so i think im planning on opening it up when my drink curfew has ended and my mechanic fixes my car. that night i'll have a megga party to celebrate all good things :)

(if my wife lets me of course ;) )
Would it make you feel any better if I tell you that the only antibiotic that reacts with alcohol is metronidazole. Otherwise it is just an old wives tale.
Bill Johnson (retired pharmacist)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Would it make you feel any better if I tell you that the only antibiotic that reacts with alcohol is metronidazole. Otherwise it is just an old wives tale.

On the other hand, if the doctor and/or dentist said no alcohol, they probably have a reason; whether it's the antibiotics or not.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nooooooooooo!!!

My expected shipping date just went from Nov 20 to Dec 4th. [emoji24]
Think of it as an early Christmas gift. :)

I don't have a shipping date yet. Mine's at "processing items".

Edit:
Expected shipping date is from December 3 - 7.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com

so, i you're advocating i can take meds and drink? wow, what a nice man. thank you :)

(i'm off to the bar)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles, twerppoet. Hopefully, it'll be sooner than you expect (Apple underestimates all the time).

As for me, I've just got a skin for the back of my iPP (this is my acronym from now on, too much to type out! ;) ). See?

7fe1cb3d8d043b5d32210647e8ae38aa.jpg

I almost never use an external keyboard and I don't want a case (don't want the weight), so a skin was my best option. Quite pleased with it. Now I just want my darned Pencil!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .As for me, I've just got a skin for the back of my iPP (this is my acronym from now on, too much to type out! ;) ). See?

7fe1cb3d8d043b5d32210647e8ae38aa.jpg

!

Pretty.

I an wait to see what pops up for extra keyboards. I can always use one of the bluetooth keyboards I already own if needed, until I find another I really like. But the Pencil, yes, that's going to be almost as hard to wait for as the iPad. On the other hand, if I do get a couple more delays, I won't have to use the iPad Pro without the pencil for long.

BTW, iPad Pro isn't any longer to type than iPad Air, and shorter than iPad Air 2, or worse, the iPad Mini 4. Just be thankful you don' thave to type the Samsung Galaxy Tab all the time. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, hopefully I've learned my lesson with keyboards. When I passed on the iPad Air to my sister, I also sent along two (!) keyboard cases. I'd fall in love with them, buy them, use them for a couple of days (hours) and then set them aside. As most of my iPad use is curled up on the couch or in a chair, I've gotten real used to and comfortable with the onscreen keyboard. I'd even say proficient with it... ;) I like the idea, it's just impractical for me. Besides, I've got the Apple keyboard in case I need one.

Oh, and you're right, twerppoet about the iPad Pro being shorter to type out than Samsung Galaxy Tab. Nothing'd be worse than typing that out all the time. Well, except for OWNING that instead of the iPad... :D

Marilyn

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my IPad Pro earlier today... LOVING it!!! 32GB Space Gray to match my iPhone and picked up a gray smart cover for it. Charged it up, installed my apps, set up email and everything and did some reading on it. I like the size and so far no glitches and everything is fast and smooth. Still have lots to learn and want to try out some stuff but so far I'm very pleased with it!

Most reactions

Latest posts