What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What swayed you to get the iPad Pro?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
What was the deciding factor for you to purchase an iPad Pro? Was it screen size, needing a new tablet or maybe looking to replace an existing tablet...Were you on the fence initially and something swayed you or changed your mind to purchase the iPad Pro? Are you an apple loyalist and you just knew you had to had this tablet when it released?

Let us know in the thread below what was the deciding factor in picking up the iPad Pro...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The increased space that will make multitasking more useful is the logical, driving force that convinced me I'd get one eventually. The Pencil is the wow factor that I couldn't wait for. I'd planed on waiting till Spring, and tax return season; but couldn't handle it after hearing about how good the Pencil is.

Ironically, It will "probably" be at least a month before I can get my hands on a Pencil. (sigh)

Note: I'm still waiting, at least a week, for my iPad Pro to arrive. (bigger sigh)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I was happy with my ipad2, but the more higher and advanced the ios became the slower and slower my ipad was. About ios5-6 was peachy, then it got slower and slower, then up to ios 8 it was a nightmare to use. And the problem was i couldnt down grade.

So i thought a change was in order. And why not go all out and large? Had the gold Pro and Pencil and Smart keyboard for a week or so now and am still on cloud 9!

Twerppoet - i can concur, the Pencil is pure magic. Its genious. Such a pleasure to use. It feels heavier and more premium to hold and use than it looks, and it's ability as a general ipad pro pointer/stylus is fantastic, not to mention its drawing abilities. Also, contrary to most keyboard reviews, that too is fantastic. Typing is awesome and fluid.

Last edited:

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Screen size basically. I was due for an upgrade but probably would have bought last gen or waited for a deal on a used or refurbished iPad if the pro weren't announced. The large screen sold me. The massive hard drive didn't hurt either. I can finally do everything the iPad can do and not worry about the distribution of storage space. My last iPad never had a single song file on it.

Snowwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the first iPad Air and thought the bigger screen would be nice, less squidging out with fingers to make bigger, love it and batter life is very very good

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad Pro is scheduled to arrive tomorrow Dec. 1st. 32GB/Space Gray... I chose the Pro for it's size and to future proof my investment. I played around with one in an Apple store the other day and was hooked! Played with the Pencil and Keyboard also. Tested palm rejection which was flawless and the keyboard seems fairly sturdy despite what I had read. Can't wait for tomorrow!!
:)

Claudia P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had intended to wait a while before getting one even though my art classmates were loving theirs and encouraging me to just do it. I knew I would eventually get one but what made me go ahead and do it this week was the fact that Best Buy had not only the iPad Pro but the Apple Pencil in stock online for delivery within 4 days.
I realized that what was causing me to wait was the fact that the pencils were on 4 to 6 week backorder and finding that I could get them both at the same time was the deciding factor. Oh Best Buy sold out of the pencils within an hour of my purchase so maybe it was a sign that it was meant to be. :)

I am in heaven with this thing, it is all I dreamed it would be. :)

niroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting one for 2 main reasons; screen size and processing power. This should make this machine relevant and useful for some years

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Screen size. Will be using mine when I gig. Prefect for showing all the lyrics I will forget on one page big a enough I ca leave my reading glasses off.'

Duff

Dobalina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always wanted a bigger iPad and there have been rumours for years that apple would bring one out. Plus my iPad 2 was getting to the point where it wasn't being used due to how slow and how little ram it had.

double07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am pretty much agreed with with most people. Screen size is so immersive. CPU performance is outstanding. The full web page load instantly as fast as my rMBP 15 i7.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Had no intention of getting one, since my ipad 2 is still going strong and I also have iPhone and MBP.

Then I saw one in BestBuy. Maybe no "wow" factor, but certainly a "HMM" factor. If I get one it will be a cellular model with the largest storage I can afford. Could be a while though.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
T
Had no intention of getting one, since my ipad 2 is still going strong and I also have iPhone and MBP.

Then I saw one in BestBuy. Maybe no "wow" factor, but certainly a "HMM" factor. If I get one it will be a cellular model with the largest storage I can afford. Could be a while though.
Wi-Fi + Cellular are 128 GB only. There's no other storage.

Most reactions