What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
Now I'm wondering how many Gbs mine is.lol whatever, seems to be enuf!

This thread began in March, 2011 when the ipad2 was first released, members are still posting when they receive theirs.

Have a look in Settings - General - About and look at capacity. You will be able to work out the size according to the figure you see here. If its around 58GB you have a 64gb iPad.......around 28gb you have a 32gb iPad ......I don't know the figure on the 16gb but would guess it to be around 13gb. Or you can find your model no. on the back of your iPad and google what you find.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This thread began in March, 2011 when the ipad2 was first released, members are still posting when they receive theirs.

Have a look in Settings - General - About and look at capacity. You will be able to work out the size according to the figure you see here. If its around 58GB you have a 64gb iPad.......around 28gb you have a 32gb iPad ......I don't know the figure on the 16gb but would guess it to be around 13gb. Or you can find your model no. on the back of your iPad and google what you find.

Wish I could see the back of mine. The cover was put on so tight in store I can't get it off. Will look in the box it came in. TY

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
It said 13.8 Gbs ,don't know what translates to.lol

That would make it a 16gb iPad. You will also see in those settings what space you still have by looking at Available.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guess this is how we got to that question.lol

I do see I have 10.3 available. Don't know what that translates to, good or bad?

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forgot what that red dot on ur post means..that uve replied?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I do see I have 10.3 available. Don't know what that translates to, good or bad?

I guess only you could make that decision. If you bought a 16 gig iPad and you have 10.3 gigs left since you joined us in October 2012 you may decide you are sailing along pretty well. Or then again you may not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:

10.3 gb is quite a lot of space to have Betti. You've used about 3 and a half gb so far.

BettiBz said:
Forgot what that red dot on ur post means..that uve replied?

The red dot below my Avatar means I'm not on the Forum at the present time.....a green dot means I am. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10.3 gb is quite a lot of space to have Betti. You've used about 3 and a half gb so far.

The red dot below my Avatar means I'm not on the Forum at the present time.....a green dot means I am. ;)

;) ...

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and I love my ipad2. Just bought it a few days ago and is my first Apple product. I had originally bought an Acer Iconia tab with Android, but had to return in because it would dump out of the browser for no reason. This ipad was only 50 bucks more so I thought I would try it.

No regrets so far....... :)

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Txs for telling me..thought I used more than that

hattrick77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to win mine at a raffle drawing (16 gb)

This is my first ipad. It's cool I would give it an 8 out of 10. It's relatively fast. No real issues. The camera sucks badly. I was pretty shocked at how bad the camera was. If I woulda paid $400 bucks I woulda been pretty upset about such a lousy camera. Like the multitasking, multi finger deal, swiping from app to app. Lots of apps to choose from. Itunes U is a killer app. Speaker is pretty marginal. I saw the Samsung Note tablet on sale at costco for $450. If I were to buy one I'd get that one. Just so much more versatile and has a lot more features to it.

The ipad is too closed off. Whatever amount of storage you get is what you get and that's All yer gettin dammit since the mighty Apple says so. The lack of no expandable storage is pretty laughable. Video quality is really good. Build quality is pretty solid. Overall, I'm happy with the unit but I don't think it's worth the $400 retail price tag (or more if you want more storage).

Anyone on the market for a 10 inch tablet I would seriously look at the Samsung Note tab also. The ipad's cool but it's a really closed off system. Makes sense because Apple can make more money by selling you additional storage for $100 more which is great for them since you can get a 16 gig flash drive for about $15-20 anyways.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad is number 1 for 2 reasons: it's OS and its build quality. Android is great on a phone. In a tab, not so much. Most people don't buy a tablet to take pictures. If you want to take great pictures, you're gonna have to pay 800 bucks for a Nikon or Canon digicam.

After having an android tab and returning it for an ipad, I can honestly say that the ipad is either underpriced, or the others are overpriced.

With me, Apple now has a customer for life.

Precious Little

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jangle.forumatic.com
I've had mine a couple of weeks.

I just found there is a tutorial.

In this it says you can connect it to a PCM via the USB cable supplied.

Only I can't see that one came with it (I bought it new in a store).

Do they mean the connector lead that is used for charging it?

Most reactions

Latest posts