The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by iDan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. MacLicious

MacLicious
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just got my black 64gb iPad 2 3G. I got mine on the 29th of March. Reserved it online the night before on the Apple retail store website to pick up the next day. No line ups!
    iPad 2 rocks!

2. davidrw99

davidrw99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Shipped early!

I just received my iPad 2 about one week earlier than the estimate on the Apple e-mail acknowledging my order! The shipping e-mail was first for the smart cover, and then a day later for the iPad 2 itself. I have just unwrapped it, applied a skin to the back and I'll be setting it up to sync as soon as I get home (@ work now!).

Black WiFi, 64 GB.

really looking forward to putting it through its paces!

3. dynabiker58

dynabiker58
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Got mine this morning 32 gig wi-fi white

Got mine this morning White 32 Gig Wi Fi from CDW Got the new Cover in Green also. Daughter gets my old Ipad 32 Gig WiFI.:ipad-keyboard::)

4. D Roc

D Roc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I finally got my first iPad today. Black 16gb 3g is all I need with my pogo plug cloud server. I don't think I'm going to work tomorrow. Just a day at home with the new gadget.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. blessed

blessed
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully I will be joining everyone soon. Will someone please post your views; was it worth the wait? Does it live up to all the hype??? PLEASE USPS bring mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. FertilityDoc

FertilityDoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Finally, the supply is loosening up

Bought a car yesterday. I was looking for an excuse to go for a drive. Had a late start at work today. Decided to to make a last attempt at finding an Ipad2. It's been an adventure with a few missteps along the way. I had been to the Apple store 3 times before. Following the online Walmart inventory tracker I made the mistake of traveling 30 miles after the store assured me twice it was in stock. When I arrived at the store the confused clerk brought out an Ipad 1. Arrived at the Orland Square Mall in the South Suburbs of Chicago at 8AM. I see 30 people waiting outside the mall! But....most were the gray panthers going for their early mall walk. I was number 6 in line at the Apple store. They had quite a selection of different models. Snagged two of the 32GB ATT 3G's Black. The second was for my friend. I should get a good glass of scotch for that one. The whole routine was amusing. They took people into the store one at a time. It was more like a cult ritual than a purchase. I am still getting it configured with the Apps I want. Now I'll have to try to hook up the Ipad2 to the car....

7. blessed

blessed
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a good day for you!! What kind of car did you purchase? Something "fitting" for your new iPad2 I hope. Lol

8. blessed

blessed
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well everyone, I'm going to bed so maybe I can take my mind off of wondering where in the heck is my iPad2?!??? Hopefully tomorrow I'll be part of the; "I got my iPad community!". Wish me luck.

9. FertilityDoc

FertilityDoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It's a technogeek car

I bought an Acura TL. It's a techno geeks dream. The electronics should take 6-12 months to learn.

10. Bckrupps

Bckrupps
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Sold my iPad 1 on eBay and figured I would wait awhile but radio shack had their mystery site leaked on engadget. I pulled it up and portage Indiana was listed. I called there 20 minutes before they opened. The guy said there was 1 person outside. He had a black 32 gb and a black 16 gb in stock. Only 2. He told me couldnt hold it and to get moving lol. When I got there he got the 32 and I got the 16 like I wanted. What was weird was he said their central warehouses had plenty with a 5 business day delivery to your home. Who cares I was happy.