What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacCalhoun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, family all have apple products but im an android guy so know very little about whats best for ipad etc.
for xmas my dad wants a stylus and i was looking for recomendations for a stylus for the ipad 3 and one that would also be good for an i pad 2.
Also on a side question my sister has an iphone 4s, getting her a docking station and an i tunes voucher but if there was a piece of hardware for the 4s thhat everyone needs would love to hear.
Thanks for your time guys

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
on the subject of a stylus i use a Griffin on my iPad,also any iPad stylus will work on all iPads.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'd go for the Wacom.

When i first went for an ipad i went through the stylus stage. Test drove many out there, and spent a small fortune both in time and money getting a great choice, but, a good vouple of years downl the line, i find 99.999% of my ipad usage is finger driven. From spread sheets to correspondence to painting (which is why i strived to buy the perfet stylus) i now use my finger almost exclusively.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To write or draw accurately, I prefer an Adonit Jot. Used one since they came out. I have several other 'soft' end styluses but this is by far the best. Its like writing with a fine ballpoint.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Diane B said:
To write or draw accurately, I prefer an Adonit Jot. Used one since they came out. I have several other 'soft' end styluses but this is by far the best. Its like writing with a fine ballpoint.

So, do you worry about scratching your screen? Lots of the reviews on amazon say it will scratch the screen unless one uses a protector.....and since I'm not willing to do that, I have avoided the Adonit jot.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Mac.

I think the same as sj worthy.
Fingers work best.
If you find that some times a finger miscues it will because it is not clean enough.
Or you can just wet the tip of your finger to get past a short holdup.
I have even tried making them (stylus).
The best one was taking the biro insert out of a metal pen and wedging a cotton bud in the vacant tip.
This makes a small tip with good control.
The drawback is the tip needs to be wet.
Some people put in a piece of conductive foam.
So far I have not found the perfect piece of foam.
So I stick to fingers.
So far I have not misplaced them!

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been through my fair share of stylus and are always on the look out for something even better than what I use but I always seem to prefer my 3 favorites which I use daily for general use, note taking and artsy stuff: Adonit Jot (I do have a Zagg HD screen protector on mine and it works fine), the iFaraday FxII and the AluPen. All are great stylus (for my feel) that are always sitting at my desk or in my bag if I'm traveling etc. Here is a link to another thread about some stylus feedack/ideas: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories-ipad-1-2-3/6769-ipad-stylus-used-writing.html Good luck in picking one out!

Sendai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon has a decent selection:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...pens+for+touch+screens&sprefix=stylus,aps,436

Moderate edit: Thank you for identifying various stylus from Amazon. There are other websites online that you can search for stylus. The links provided in this post have been edited for brevity. In addition, please be respectful of this forum and its members. This is an independent forum made available to anyone who is interested in the iPad product. MattIM

Last edited by a moderator:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi MacCalhoun, welcome to the forum. It seems you have plenty of information from other members. i joy i gave you a really good link to another thread on our forum that discusses other members' stylus experience. Sendai also provided a link to Amazon.com and the numerous stylus available. I hope this helps you find the right stylus. With this said and considering how many threads there are already on this subject, we'll close this one.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts