What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem Upgrading

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im on 6.0 trying to update to 6.1.2 via shift update

but it put me into recovery now i cant get out of it, it happens after i get error 3194

download said firmware from net just google and try shift restore

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, Btwo5:

I've moved your post here to its own thread as you had interrupted a completely different conversation to ask this question. It's easier than trying to keep two separate conversations going (and confusing everyone - not to mention breaking the forum rules).

As for your question, I'm afraid you cannot upgrade an iPad to iOS 6.1.2. Apple has long closed that upgrade window and now the only upgrade you can make it to iOS 6.1.3 (which is in-jailbreakable, BTW). Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
B

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im on 6.0 trying to update to 6.1.2 via shift update

but it put me into recovery now i cant get out of it, it happens after i get error 3194

download said firmware from net just google and try shift restore

oh thanks how do i get out of recovery now then so it will go back to home screen tinyumbrella dont seem to work

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting it from the computer, then hold down both the Sleep and Home buttons to see if you can reset it (keep holding the buttons until you see the Apple logo).

Hopefully, that'll kick it out and you'll still be on your old iOS.

Marilyn

OP
B

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting it from the computer, then hold down both the Sleep and Home buttons to see if you can reset it (keep holding the buttons until you see the Apple logo).

Hopefully, that'll kick it out and you'll still be on your old iOS.

Marilyn

managed to get out, now all i need to do is get my external harddrive via usb to work everytime

Last edited:

Most reactions