What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to restore jailbroken iPad 3 5.1.1

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
now i just screwed myself even more.

i used rat to remove all tweaks and bigboss still wont install. it says host unreachable.

so now i LOST everything i had and can't get it back. ARRRRRR

MUTHER EFFER

If you are crazy enough to remove the default repos, you CANNOT add them back in using the standard sources section. You get BigBoss back by tapping "More Package Sources" on the Cydia homepage.

Try that, and you should be fine ;) Good luck!

Last edited:

basmantard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they stopped working and would time out which is why i removed them to begin with. when i try to reinstall them via the cydia homepage bigboss still says host unreachable and times out

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like your router needs to be reset. Not being able to reach the host is rarely anything to do with the device itself.

basmantard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like your router needs to be reset. Not being able to reach the host is rarely anything to do with the device itself.

i will try that however, when i do the cydia repair option in RAT ALL other sources work fine, only bigboss times out. its just strange

Speaking of which, is there anyway to download the sources locally onto my macbook and then push them to my ipad via usb cable?

Last edited:

basmantard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow you have to be effing kidding me. great advice, i was using a dual band 2.4 and 5ghz router. all i did was switch from the 5ghz n only to the 2.4ghz ng and it worked. also i was using googles dns so i reset that back to my isp's dns BUT after i was able to get bigboss to load i put all the settings back just to see and it works fine. anyways thanks for the advice

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts