1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Upgrade from 3.2.2?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Mplough, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mplough

Mplough iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just purchased an iPad 1 for my Son. I want to jailbreak it and was going to use Greenpoison (It says on the download link that it will do 3.2.2 iPad) but when I download the link I get version RC6 instead of RC5. I tired it and I get a screen full of white text that repeats over and over until it gives a "panic" message.
    So I am assuming that I need 4.2.1. Downloaded the restore firmware for 4.2.1 iPad. Hold the shift key and restore in iTunes, goes to restore and then I get an error (3194). Is there a secret to me getting 4.2.1 on here?
    Help
  2. Mplough

Mplough iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Found an older version of GP and it worked now how do I upgrade the firmware to 4.2.1?
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  3. attamim

attamim iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I think its nowhere can be done to update to 4.2.1 since Apple has come out the 4.3 software. the only thing can be done if u have your shsh blobs saved for 4.2.1, which i assumed you haven't. just sit back and wait a day or two, I've heard that the NEW 4.3 j4ilbreak is going to be launch soon. :)