What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

picked up xoom to compare with my ipad 2.....Fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madsquabbles said:
and here's the mod that think everything apple poops is golden...

iphone doesn't smoke android phones in market share anymore and hasn't in a few months.

it's true, honeycomb is not ready. that's why google hasn't released the source yet. as to why asus and moto get to put out tablets with half-done code is beyond me. apple's quality control wouldn't let this happen. stuff like this only hurts your rep.

i'd love to see an android tablet that has the quality of ios and the build of an ipad. but right now there isn't one. if apple loosens up a bit an lets widgets be used instead of just a grid of app shortcuts would be a step in the right direction. i love android for all the things you can do, but i hate for all the things it gets wrong. same for apple. so i have multiple tablets for different uses and will continue to do so until someone comes out with a perfect tablet for me... and it doesn't matter who makes it or what os it's running. for all i care it could be a windows 8 tablet, a full osx tablet... actually either of those would be exactly what i'd want.

Which android phone has outsold the iPhone? sure when you put the sales of over 200 devices against 1. Still the fact that the sales in the US are close is amazing on the iPhones part, couple that with the fact that it just recently went on to it's second carrier. The better barometer for overall popularity is worldwide sales. In which yes, the iPhone smokes android devices and that is putting it kindly.

and that's the great thing about android is 200 to choose from. apple doesn't like choice. that's why the killed clones back in the power pc days. it was sad that power computing made a better mac than apple did.

Also if you are going to complain about how mods run this site, then please be my guest and leave. I think they do a fantastic job keeping one of the best forums out there. I'm sure I can direct you to a android forum if you want to feel more comfortable. Rant over.

he doesn't run this site... the admin does. he's a mod aka moderator aka referee. and he's only one that i'd swear is only 13 yrs old. the others are coolheaded and impartial and don't mind discussions without having to crap over another's opinions.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madsquabbles said:
and here's the mod that think everything apple poops is golden...

iphone doesn't smoke android phones in market share anymore and hasn't in a few months.

it's true, honeycomb is not ready. that's why google hasn't released the source yet. as to why asus and moto get to put out tablets with half-done code is beyond me. apple's quality control wouldn't let this happen. stuff like this only hurts your rep.

i'd love to see an android tablet that has the quality of ios and the build of an ipad. but right now there isn't one. if apple loosens up a bit an lets widgets be used instead of just a grid of app shortcuts would be a step in the right direction. i love android for all the things you can do, but i hate for all the things it gets wrong. same for apple. so i have multiple tablets for different uses and will continue to do so until someone comes out with a perfect tablet for me... and it doesn't matter who makes it or what os it's running. for all i care it could be a windows 8 tablet, a full osx tablet... actually either of those would be exactly what i'd want.

Which android phone has outsold the iPhone? sure when you put the sales of over 200 devices against 1. Still the fact that the sales in the US are close is amazing on the iPhones part, couple that with the fact that it just recently went on to it's second carrier. The better barometer for overall popularity is worldwide sales. In which yes, the iPhone smokes android devices and that is putting it kindly.

Also if you are going to complain about how mods run this site, then please be my guest and leave. I think they do a fantastic job keeping one of the best forums out there. I'm sure I can direct you to a android forum if you want to feel more comfortable. Rant over.

Too funny. Always my hero!:)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
he doesn't run this site... the admin does. he's a mod aka moderator aka referee. and he's only one that i'd swear is only 13 yrs old. the others are coolheaded and impartial and don't mind discussions without having to crap over another's opinions.

Okay ~ then. I think that you guys are just trying to have a discussion on a discussion board. You are all very passionate about your stand.

But ~ we don't want to close this thread. Let's try not to get personal be and civil.;)

Please?

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay ~ then. I think that you guys are just trying to have a discussion on a discussion board. You are all very passionate about your stand.

But ~ we don't want to close this thread. Let's try not to get personal be and civil.;)

Please?

i don't like telling someone they're morons because they like brand x (which gf has pretty much done to anyone who prefers android over ios). heck even on android forums i correct some of the ipad hate that goes on. i like the ipad, i like ios, and i like android... i just plain love technology. but i don't like is to go so far as to call someone and idiot because of what they like or dislike - well, except in real life, i'm a bit more of an a-hole in real life than i am on forums, just the opposite of a lot of other people.

heck, i'm taking the xoom back today because i do agree that it's a half-butt project that was sent out to beat ipad 2 to the market. and there's a chance i may leave work early to pick up an ipad 2, i'm just trying to justify that having 2 ipads is a good thing. i always have to have 2 - to desktops (well 4), 2 laptops (ok 3), and 2 tablets (umm... 4:D). i'd rather have a (good) android tablet to compliment the ipad, though and there really isn't one yet.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Please?

Why not close it? Not one person seriously interested in the Xoom is coming here to read unbiased reviews or take advice on which is the better tablet.
The same threads with the opposite opinions are running on android forums.
Both camps are so insecure about the competition they can't stop slagging each other off.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but closed threads give me the creeps.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and that's the great thing about android is 200 to choose from. apple doesn't like choice. that's why the killed clones back in the power pc days. it was sad that power computing made a better mac than apple did.

Apple's business plan has always been to build the hardware AND software from the ground up for their computers and devices. Why would they start doing it any different? Are they suffering financially? Is no one buying their stuff?

There's bazillions of other PCs that can be taken apart and put back together any way the user wants, no one is forced to buy an Apple product.

Reaction score

Please?

Why not close it? Not one person seriously interested in the Xoom is coming here to read unbiased reviews or take advice on which is the better tablet.
Both camps are so insecure about the competition they can't stop slagging each other off.

That pretty much is why I don't go to Droid forums anymore and Android.net is catching up. I'm starting to get the same vibe here as well , "agree or leave"

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, there are people here who quickly jump on the Apple fanboy bandwagon anytime someone criticizes an aspect of the iPad or praises the android. I just ignore those comments and have a discussion around them.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apparently, Zoom tablet sales hit 100k since end of Feb very good, iPad 2 sales 2.4m wow!

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madcapjim said:

We should be able to talk like adults without closing topics. If not then there is no point in having the forum. I read all the posts because I was interested in everyone's opinions bias or not.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the Galaxy at Bell but we don't have the xoom in Canada yet. The Galaxy screen was just too small for my comics. I almost got an iPad one but wanted the speed boost and the cameras. I'm disappointed in the cameras but they work ok for Skype and Face Time.

64GB 3G White iPad

majura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have none of you that purchased the Xoom read that Honeycomb isn't finished yet and that Google basically just patched together what they could so that Motorola could push their sacrificial lamb out before the iPad2 launch? The reason its choppy is that its running a not even beta OS. Its completely buggy. Google will most likely be releasing 3.1 as the true Honeycomb and disavowing any knowledge that 3.0 ever existed, since there is only one device it ever will have touched.

She/he does have a point despite the rashness of the reply. Google's real answer to iOS will most likely come in the form of ChromeOS. Personally though I'll be happy posting from my iPad 2 :eek:

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madcapjim said:

We should be able to talk like adults without closing topics. If not then there is no point in having the forum. I read all the posts because I was interested in everyone's opinions bias or not.

64GB 3G White iPad

If you think this has been an adult conversation you haven't been reading it.

Petersenjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Competition is what makes companies better and more innovative.

My final thought :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts