What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Graphics Benchmarks: Way Better Than the Xoom, Kills the Original iPad

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm starting to get sick of the screen resolution thing. Seriously! People, when ipad1 first came out, it was the best looking thing around, as far as display goes cause it is a very good one. Very clear. Then came iPhone4 with, yes I'll say it, b.s. Retina display. Yeah, iTs a clearer display, but SO WHAT! I'd rather look at my iPad any day thn lil ol iPhone4 retina screen, regardless of the improved resolution. Now that every one is fixated on numbers, everyone seems to down the original iPad's display. Imstill think it's one of the best out there still. Yeah Xoom has higher resolution, but look how that hurt the scores on the benchmarking. I even read posts from Xoom owners themselves saying yeah, Xoom has higher resolution but iPad 1 display is still brighter and more clear and better looking. It's not all about the numbers people. It's more about the experience. Just like people fixated on RAM numbers. Look how well iPad1 did with a measley 256 mb. I'd call that very impressive. Developers have done wonders with this liltle bit. Ipad2 has 512mb Ram so it only gets better. On paper, Xoom supposedly is a beast, spec wise. In reality, it's full of bugs, rushed OS, hardly any tablet only apps, falsely delivered on features advertised such as flash, sd card support, and hdmi. They claim it'll soon be released. But weren't u months ago claiming it could do all that from the start? Lmao
Sorry fornthe rant but I love my ipad1 like crazy and still get the WOW factor when ever I'm using it. Can't wait to see what the future holds if this ipad1 is just a glimpse of it ;-). I will try to hold out for ipad3 but it's hard reading the great reviews and benchmarking specs on them. If I were to get one, I'd wait till after the first wave is gone and most bugs worked out.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in defense of the xoom - other than benchmarks what use does an android tablet have for a more powerful gpu? what games are there?:D

apple's gunning for top mobile gaming device so you know they're gonna put the best gpu in their hardware. this is the biggest reason why i'll keep an ipad in collection of tablets. games on this thing are getting to be epic!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in defense of the xoom - other than benchmarks what use does an android tablet have for a more powerful gpu? what games are there?:D

apple's gunning for top mobile gaming device so you know they're gonna put the best gpu in their hardware. this is the biggest reason why i'll keep an ipad in collection of tablets. games on this thing are getting to be epic!

I feel the same way about the iPad's gaming aspect, even on ipad1. With games like Nova2, Dead Space, Infinity Blade, Broken Sword, Archetype and Asphalt 6 HD, my iPad has kept me from wanting a new gaming console, or any really. Games look great, play great, and a helluva a lot cheaper thn pumping out $50-70 bus for a new ps3 game or whatever. So the iPad has saved me a lot of money, as far as gaming goes. Then u can easily play those games online against people all over the world, and it's free. I love it ;-)

dragonemp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this benchmark is really b******t, try some game that's on both plantform like samuri ii, you'll clearly see xoom run it very smoothly and ipad 2 runs it like a slide show

Most reactions

Latest posts