Photobucket app?

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by HUNTER1, Dec 8, 2014.

1. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Photobucket app from App Store on my iPad 2 is not updated which only requires firmware 4 and up and freezes, unlike the one on my iPhone running 8.1 as well and the photobucket app requires firmware 7 and up. Why is the photobucket app on my iPad air 2 is different? thanks

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe there is a glitch that's preventing the upgrade on your iPad. If you delete the app and re-install it on your iPad it should download the newest version.

3. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I deleted it a few times and downloaded it and still the same, I'll update the ipad to 8.1.1 and see what happens.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let us know if that works.

When you re-downloaded the app, did you do it from your purchased list? If so, you could go straight to the listing in the App Store and download it from there if updating the iPad doesn't work.

5. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded it from App Store and purchased, I'll update when the firmware when I get home and hopefully that works. Besides photobucket, I don't have any problem downloading other apps. Ar the moment I just access photobucket thru the website.

6. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I updated the iPad to 8.1.1 and still the photobucket app showing in the App Store is the old version where in my iPhone 4s 8.1 firmware, newer version of photobucket is showing. Also I don't have the normal PayPal app in the App Store in my iPad air 2, only the PayPal that does credit card transactions. Those are the two that are missing on the iPad that are on my iPhone 4s. I'm just using the websites to access those two. Not a big deal if that's it's suppose to be. Am I missing something?

7. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you already use a Photobucket app on your iPhone, you could also install that one on the iPad. You'll find it in Purchased, when you select "iPhone apps" here:
    image.jpg
    You should find the PayPal app there as well, if it's an iPhone app.

8. HUNTER1

HUNTER1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ok I did that, and the apps only specify only for iPhone, reason why they don't show up on the iPad, thanks

9. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I use this app on my iPad:
    Photobucket
    https://appsto.re/us/GIFVs.i

It's last update was in November, and it's an app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

10. dcharleyultra

dcharleyultra
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just checked my iPad Air 2, and it has the older (July 2011) Photobucket fire iPad app.

I then changed the iPad Only dropdown to iPhone only, and saw the November 2014 version.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418071913.587964.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418071929.672214.jpg