What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photobucket problems .....

uk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photobucket have improved their hosting software such that I can no longer use it on my ipad and I'm hoping someone can suggest a solution.

I have several IP cameras that automatically upload images that I periodically check and either move to another folder or bulk delete. If left for a day or so they can mount up to several hundred. In the old Photobucket I could go the the bottom of a page from my ipad and select all and then delete. The new page via "organise" allows you on a pc to select all using a mouse or using the keyboard but I cannot see any way to do this on an ipad except one by one, which is impractical.

Can anyone with an ipad and lot's of Photobucket piccies tell me how to do this or must I look for another host?

Thanks in advance.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So you want to mass delete a bunch of photos, right? I just checked on my iPad with my photobucket where I have zillions of images. I can't see a way to delete other than one-by-one. Frankly, I think photobucket does not want you to delete anything you upload there.

OP
U

uk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. It was fine until yesterday when they improved the software!

Photobucket have made some improvements to their site which makes it almost impossible to use in the way I need with an Ipad and I'm looking for a new host and would appreciate some pointers.

Basically I have a load of security IP cameras that continually upload images (jpg) which I go in a couple of times a day and either move to another folder or bulk delete. New Photobucket makes all this a pain from an ipad.

I need the following functions:

1. FTP upoading.
2. The ability to create folders.
3. The ability to select individual pictures and move them to another folder ie a tick box below each picture that can be selected one by one.
4. The ability to see all pictures within a folder at the same time rather than just go through page by page ie "view all" within folder.
5. The ability to hit a tick box to select all pictures within view and then delete them all.

I don't need "free" - happy to pay a reasonable annual charge.

Can anyone point me to a decent hosting site please?

Thanks.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I went to PB via the iPad app. Did you try using Safari? If you go in as a computer, it might work just like a regular desktop/laptop browser.

OP
U

uk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - no I've been using it via browsers. The key thing is that you can't bulk select from an ipad. You need a mouse really ....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks - no I've been using it via browsers. The key thing is that you can't bulk select from an ipad. You need a mouse really ....

How do you do it with the mouse?

OP
U

uk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
left click and drag and let go.

Most reactions

Latest posts