[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Al Rogers

Al Rogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thank you zagg,that did the trick.

Al.

2. ORredhead

ORredhead
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the review Marilyn

I had researched combo keyboards and cases ad nauseum and your review settled me on the Zagg.

Then I spent mo money on a cook cover for the back of my iPad and the screen cover..which I got for my iPhone at a kiosk outside the apple store nearby and just love.

I totally recommend the screen covers..my 5 year old granddaughter plays games on the oPad while we drive around and the peanut butter just wipes off no problem.

I'm taking this setup to Costa Rica with me instead of bringing the MacBook..my last trip was fatal to my older Mac book and Im happy to have a less expensive alternate. The only problem I see is I will be unable to download pictures from my camera..damn hadn't thought of that one earlier.

IPad is loaded with music and books and a few movies and I'm good to go

Appreciate it a lot

Elle in orygun

3. kc2ped

kc2ped
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Look into the Camera Connection Kit. It works great. The only downside is that it is small and something else to forget somewhere.

4. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks and glad I was able to help. You'll have to tell us how your trip went. I also am going on my first trip with only the iPad - no laptop. Should be interesting. And yes, I'm taking the ZAGGmate... :D

Marilyn

5. BrennB

BrennB
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I have a 3 day seminar coming up and planning to bring only the ipad/zaggmate for notes and such, no laptop and no pen/paper.... I am excited to try to force the full emersion of ipad into my trip. (I'll be cheating though as my coworker will be with me and she'll have a laptop so if I HAVE to use one I'll have access).

6. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Good luck. Please let us know how it turns out.

7. EthnicHipster

EthnicHipster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Im still having issues with the space bar suddenly double spacing between words. It happens in all apps Ive used my keyboard with (pages, notes plus, mail, etc). Am I the only with this issue? I've tried setting off/on certain settings like autocorrect but it still does it every now and then. Here's an example of what it does sometimes (notice the two spaces between "of" and "what" and "it" and "does". Any advice? I can't be the only person who has noticed this. :(

8. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Do you have the most recent iOs software? The old software for the iPad was not nearly as stable with Bluetooth keyboards as the new software?

9. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I bet, like me you are a 10 finger typist who hits the space bar with a thumb. I had the same problem.but it doesn't happen if I am more deliberate with the space bar, and type just a little more slowly.

10. EthnicHipster

EthnicHipster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I do have the latest iOS. And yeap, I do the spacebar with my thumb. I'll try to use my index finger from now but having to "slow down" my typing kind of makes my zaggmate useless. It is supposed to help me be more productive.