What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Reaction score
murryivanoff said:
Oh, if you guys are starting shipping in the next few days I guess I can get my zaggmate until the end of the week (or monday/tuestday next week) so I don't have to go to the retailers. Thanks!

Which retailers will carry it? I'd like to look at one first.

Target and Best Buy carry the one for the Ipad 1, and I think I read at least Best Buy will carry it for the 2

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Karin_O

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have two questions. I'll be really thankful if I get accurate answers.

1) Is the ZAGGMate comfortable for a long period of typing? The aluminium frames that surround it seems to be in the place that I'm usually putting my arms while typing on a laptop. The edge seems sharp and I'm wondering if it gets uncomfortable?

2) This one is addressed to the ZAGG representative. When are you planning to have ZaggMate 2 in the retail stores like Best Buy? I'm arriving in the USA this weekend and I would like to buy the ZAGGMate as soon as I arrive because I'll have lot of travel to do and I really can't afford to wait for mail shipping. I'm asking about the South California area.

Thanks!
I also have the concern of comfort while using it for long periods of time. I often rest my wrist on the the edges while typing and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced any discomfort in the position. I hope that makes since

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Karin_O said:
I also have the concern of comfort while using it for long periods of time. I often rest my wrist on the the edges while typing and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced any discomfort in the position. I hope that makes since

Nope - never experienced any discomfort with the ZaggMate. Basically, the arch of your hands is what is over the lip and since your hand is arched, it doesn't actually touch the lip, at least not the way I type, which I will admit, is non-conventional!

You can always go to best buy to see/feel for yourself - i hear that they will let you try them out...

It's also amazing how light the ZaggMate is. Someone I know just got a ClamCase which is REALLY heavy in comparison.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just want to give everyone a heads up that the ZAGGmate for iPad 2 will be known as the Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG. The packaging will be co-branded with Logitech taking the lead. Rest assured, it's still the same product you've come to know and love and it's the same product previously (and currently) shown on our website. The only changes from those already mentioned will be the ZAGG logo removed from the hinge but remaining on the Aluminum and the Logitech name and logo replacing ZAGGmate on the inside.

This is a very exciting agreement that will allow us to reach a much larger audience. ZAGG will still be the exclusive online retailer and provide support for the Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG and Logitech will be the primary distributor for retail locations and they will support those sales. I'm not going anywhere. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. A certain large retailer will be getting shipments soon. I'll let you know as soon as I can. You already know who it is.

See the press releases for more details.

ZAGG Announces Master Licensing and Distribution Agreement with Logitech - Yahoo! Finance

Logitech Introduces Case With Built-In Keyboard for iPad 2 - Yahoo! Finance

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anybody else anxiously awaiting their Zaggmate shipment? My Ipad 2 is lonely.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I want to add to my review ... again. It's more of an update to the use I was just able to put it to today.

I arrive at college early and have time to kill. So, I decide to work on my Business Law class case briefs and get some chapters done ahead of time.

No computer labs were open (it was early!), but I have my iPad and my trusty Zaggmate keyboard/case. I use Jump to log into my computer at home. I rest the iPad on my backpack (to get it closer to my old eyes) and have the keyboard resting on the desk. I open up a Word document on my home computer (an hour away!) and start typing away on the Zaggmate, kind of like I'm doing now. Before I know it, I have finished typing up three Word documents, complete with emboldened and italicized fonts, and I am finished. I save the documents to Dropbox (as PDFs), close Jump, open GoodReader and download those 3 documents into a folder I already have established for my law class. Done!

Now, I'm going to skip over the obvious testament that you CAN get stuff done on an iPad and just talk about the keyboard. I never got uncomfortable using it (typed for more than an hour - I'm a touch typist). I think I was very close to my normal speed for typing and I never had a moment where the keyboard skipped or hiccuped. It connected right away with Bluetooth and I noticed no lag in having it talk to my computer (and Microsoft Word) at home. I merely typed away and it did what it was supposed to do.

After four months, I continue to be VERY impressed with this keyboard. I also like the case aspects of it - the iPad still fits in it very snugly. My iPad does not leave the house without being in this case and so far [knock on wood!], so good.

I was just so tickled that I was able to use my iPad/Zaggmate to do homework that I had to tell someone. This is a great product - durable yet comfortable to use on an extended basis. Just wanted to share...

Marilyn

murryivanoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGG,

that's great news! Logitech is a serious company (ha, to say the least) u and that's a huge step for you guys. Will this somehow affect the shipping estimates? You mentioned something about shipping these days...

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, this is a very big deal. Having the most popular keyboard maker in the world come to ZAGG for our ZAGGmate is a huge endorsement for an already wildly popular device. It may sound cliche, but Logitech will help bring the Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG to a whole new level.

Shipping is progressing just fine.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats. You guys should be able to do some cool niche stuff with their distribution capabilities allowing access to much larger markets with narrower product foci. This is going to kill the other keyboards, probably even Apple's.

Waiting for mine. Unfortunately, my iPad 2 isn't here yet though, so I guess I'm in no hurry.

murryivanoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Logitech will help bring the Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG to a whole new level.
I'm sorry, does this mean that the engineers of Logitech worked on the new ZAGGMate or you're talking just about the marketing/distribution?

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
congratulations with the Logitech cooperation. Does this mean that it will be available world wide in many stores that carry logitech products? I live in Denmark :)

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Logitech engineers have already helped to improve the Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG and they will continue to help in the future. Regarding worldwide distribution and localized keyboards, Logitech will certainly help with that as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts