[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, I'm a little confused by this statement... Are you saying that a minimum iOS version is required for the ZaggMate to operate correctly? If so, what version is that?

I'm curious because I never had an issue until I exchange my iPad for a refurb iPad. Now, every once in a while, when typing, the last character I typed will repeat for a few seconds, then the soft keyboard pops up for a second and then it disappears and everything goes back to normal... However, both the ipad itself AND the iOS version changed with I exchanged it. I was running iOS 4.2.1 with no issues on the iPad that I exchanged. The new one came with 4.3.1 and I seem to get the "key repeat" issue once in a while now (never got it before I exchanged the iPad).

I'm wondering if 4.3.1 is the culprit here, which is why I'm asking if there is a minimum OS level required for the ZaggMate. If I knew upgrading to 4.3.2 would fix, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Otherwise, it's a lot of work for nothing!

Could also be a problem with the refurb iPad as well I guess (although I don't have issues with any other bluetooth devices)...

Thanks!

Thanks.

2. Nicolasa77

Nicolasa77
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for replying, everyone. It appears we have a decent cross-section of people here and a lot of well thought-out discussion

3. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Jtrosky, no, you don't need a minimum version of software. We have just found the OLD iOs software hade problems with bluetooth devices. The software you have should be fine. One problem with refurbs (very unusual, but it happens) is that the product gets returned because of an obscure issue (like you describe) then manufacturer does several tests and misses the problem and puts it back out there. Not sure if this is the case with yours, but possible. Still never a bad idea to update your software in case it has an issue. It really isn't that tough to update. It doesn't erase anything. I would start with that for now.

4. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Who me? It's a mind over matter .I don't mind so it don't matter. If it gets worse or becomes a regular thing I will.
    On that note how long will the Zagg mate for the Ipad 1 be available? Right now I could take mine back to Best Buy for exchange but they would have to get one from the warehouse and I'm not willing to wait 2 weeks without my Zagg mate for a minor annoyance.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

5. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Mountainbikermark, we plan on selling the ZAGGmate for iPad one for quite a while. It's still very popular. If you decide to do an exchange, just call ZAGG, we will take care of it.

6. ddavis

ddavis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi ZAGG, Can you tell us when UK customers will receive their ZaggMate for iPad 2 orders? There seem to be people who ordered them weeks ago for mid-April (15th and 19th) despatch whose orders are still showing that they have not been sent. Why the delay and when will they get their orders?

7. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That doesn't make sense. I won't be in the office for a few more days, so I don't have access to that information. It's possible they were shipped, just not recorded. I'll send you an email you can respond to with your info and I'll have my people look into it.

8. ddavis

ddavis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    As I've explained to ZAGG in a private message, but cannot see why it shouldn't be repeated here, I was going to order but a friend has had problems with his order - I've seen the e-mail from ZAGG customer services to him and he's been told there is a delay because of a problem at the fulfilment centre in Ireland. They say they cannot provide a despatch date. Given that information, and no firm indication when the order will be sent, I'm wary of placing an order.

Elsewhere in this forum is a message from another person who says their UK order has been delayed, too. It would be useful to know how much longer the delay will be.

9. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking into this and will have an answer back soon. I didn't know we had any bottlenecks in the UK. I'll have an answer shortly.

10. madhatter61

madhatter61
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I discovered early on that when bluetooth is activated the virtual keyboard is disabled. To use the virtual keyboard again just go to settings and disable bluetooth.