[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mickey330, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ZAGG

ZAGG
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Questions

In response to the questions earlier:

"I just picked up my Zaggmate today, its quite cool I think it will grow on me, just a few quick questions..

1. These shortcuts, where do they work? for instance if I use them in safari they do not work. i.e to scroll down the page.

2. say I wanted to copy just this sentence is there an easy way to do this? if at all even possible.

3. Anyone scratched it yet?

cheers"

1. The Normal shortcut keys along the top work everywhere. The arrows only work within text (pages, text boxes, notes, even web addresses, etc). The arrows don't work for scrolling. This is an iOs limitation that Apple may change sometime in the future. Until then, the only way to implement that would be to jailbreak, which we can't support for logistical reasons.

2. For selecting text, the trick to that is to use the Shift key and the arrows. It works great. Hold down Shift and left and it will highlight the text to the left of the cursor. Shift right goes to the right of the cursor and shift up or down will select the line up or down from where you are. This is VERY convenient compared to using your fingers. Command A selects All. Once you've selected text, use Command plus C for Copy and Command plus V for Paste. Please take a look at some of the other functions available at our website in the FAQ section:
    ZAGG | Frequently Asked Questions

3. Aluminum scratches. Setting aluminum on a desk with anything gritty doesn't help. We added the feet to address this, but frankly, my favorite solution is the InvisibleShield. It is practically bullet proof and has a lifetime warranty in case you do happen to get a little crazy. Others really like the leathers and the skins as well.

2. addiosamigo

addiosamigo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ok man, thanks for answering my questions, I will eventually cover it with the shield, but unfortunately my budget is a little restricted thanks to the apple case (blue dye incident) so I've ordered a replacement for the back, (I get a free front with it, £15.99 so I may use that but I will probably take the shield off the screen as I didn't install it very well! Oh well!

3. jo.sta

jo.sta
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    hi there,

I'm from Australia too (Melbourne) and I recently had to return a zaggmate because of faulty internal parts, ie certain keys wouldn't work when typed upon.

It was disappointing, but IMHO, the customer service I have received thus far is outstanding. In regards to my shipping method: I chose the free option (The registered mail was tempting but also the same price as the zaggmate itself) and it took under two weeks. I'm sure it would have taken a shorter amount of time without Christmas/New years holidays. I have once again chosen this method for my second device and recommend you use it (*fingers crossed the postal service is adequate).

I decided to pay for registered mail when sending my faulty Zaggmate back to the US (approx $27) and within two days, Zagg sent an email saying a replacement has been shipped.

$27 is definitely a good (although annoying) price to pay to get an $100 device replaced. I didn't contact ZAGG about the return shipping costs, but you might even be reimbursed for the fees! Good luck!

#153 jo.sta, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. kc2ped

kc2ped
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Welcome back. We missed you and your quick responses when problems arise. It is appreciated and gives me a good feeling about the company and it's commitment to it's product.

5. Debragail

Debragail
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the advice. I contacted Zagg and they have been great. They have placed a new order for me and will ship the new and preferable working keyboard within two days at no cost. I am sending the faulty one back tomorrow. It's good to know this company really does have 'customer care' as a priority. I must admit I was worried I had blown my money as I didn't really think they would care about someone who is 'down under' but I have been pleasantly surprised and hope the product will be as good as their responsibility for their product. Also sorry about calling them Zagging, should have checked the auto spelling. If you reading this Zagg, thank you so much.

6. Debragail

Debragail
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Oh one more thing what's a NOOB.

7. jo.sta

jo.sta
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Lol, it's colloquial for "newbie". Someone who is new and lacks experience in the given area of topic.

8. Debragail

Debragail
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok thanks for the definition and yes I am a NOOB. When do u get to change it? Oh and by the way how do u do the capture of topic so to speak and put it in the blue colour.

9. kc2ped

kc2ped
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Your forum status changes automatically as you make more posts.

I am using the forum app so to get the text of the message I am replying to in the blue box, as above, I just click on the blue cartoon bubble on the right side of that message. It opens a reply form with the previous message at the top between QUOTE tags.

10. Debragail

Debragail
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Wow. That's cool. Thanks.