What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9.1 TaiG Jailbreak through Safari?

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that there was a jailbreak for 9.1 released by TaiG which somehow works through Safari, but searching around, I can't find anything except bogus sites with spyware downloads claiming to be jailbreaking programs.

Here's the article:

iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Release Date Soon as More Developers Working On Jailbreak - The Bitbag

"On the other hand, TaiG also offers iOS 9.1 jailbreak, which users can download via Safari browser. The Chinese developers has not announced when they will release the iOS 9.2 jailbreak."

I can't seem to find this "9.1 Safari jailbreak" anywhere. Is the article just unconfirmed rumors/outright lying, or...?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read that there was a jailbreak for 9.1 released by TaiG which somehow works through Safari, but searching around, I can't find anything except bogus sites with spyware downloads claiming to be jailbreaking programs.

Here's the article:

iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Release Date Soon as More Developers Working On Jailbreak - The Bitbag

"On the other hand, TaiG also offers iOS 9.1 jailbreak, which users can download via Safari browser. The Chinese developers has not announced when they will release the iOS 9.2 jailbreak."

I can't seem to find this "9.1 Safari jailbreak" anywhere. Is the article just unconfirmed rumors/outright lying, or...?
It doesn't jailbreak through Safari. Rather, you download the app via Safari and run it on a desktop machine to perform the jailbreak.

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't jailbreak through Safari. Rather, you download the app via Safari and run it on a desktop machine to perform the jailbreak.
So...where exactly can one acquire this? I can't seem to find it anywhere. None of the TaiG twitter accounts mention it, nor the TaiG site, or anything.

The only thing I found mentioning any sort of Safari-aided jailbreak was this dumb article which tells you to go to their site in Safari and add a bookmark of it to your homescreen, rename it to "Cydia", allowing you to...get news and updates about jailbreaking. So it's not a jailbreak at all, but literally just a bookmark to their website. Whoopdee-doo.

Is it even a full jailbreak? I did stumble across a few pages mentioning "semi-jailbreak" methods for 9.1 and 9.2 that involve Safari, saying that you can partially jailbreak to install Cydia, but "system tweaks" will not work.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, there is no jailbreak for iOS 9.1 or 9.2. Sorry, but everyone's still waiting.

Marilyn
So what is this "safari jailbreak" that people keep talking about but I can't seem to find anywhere? Just a hoax?

Most reactions

Latest posts