What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pangu Fails to Install

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did everything right. I backed up my Iphone 6+ via iTunes. I restored to factory settings and installed 9.0.2 via iTunes on my PC and restored from the encrypted backup that I just created. I disabled my passcode, disabled find my iPhone, and turned on airplane mode. I then downloaded and ran the latest Pangu jailbreak. After around 5 minutes in "backingup" mode, it reports, "Error occurred in preparing the environment.

I found this post:

How to fix common problems with Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2, which states:

If you’re getting the following error: “Error at 45% – Error occurred in preparing the environment, error code (0A)” while trying to jailbreak your device then it is probably because you take encrypted backups of your device using iTunes.

To avoid the error, disable Encrypted iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Backup in iTunes via the Summary tab by unchecking the check box, and take an unencrypted backup of your device. Try to jailbreak your device using Pangu Jailbreak again to see if you can successfully jailbreak it. This solution has resolved the issue for some user. Thanks si709 for the tip!

I use encrypted backups as they preserve my email and WIFI passwords. Assuming this is the only way to get jailbroken, can I do the following:

1 - Take an unencrypted backup of the phone, then restore from that backup. Then jailbreak. Then, restore from
the previous encrypted backup. If I do this, will I lose the jailbreak? If I absolutely have to, I can put in all of
my email passwords, "forget" all password protected WIFI networks, and then re-join the networks. This is a
pain and I'd prefer not to have to do this.

Is there any other way to jailbreak without having to restore to an unencrypted backup? If not,. can somebody please report this bug to the Pangu team so they can release a new version that works with encrypted backups.

Thanks

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts