What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it it worth getting

madmonk2884

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to know because i was thinking of getting an ipad 2 , and i dont have a lote of money,please let me know

I ask because i can get a new 64gb wifi for a good prise

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 247820

Well I think it makes more sense to get an iPad with either 3G or 4G broadband access as well as wifi.

OP
M

madmonk2884

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My cell phone can do mobile hotspot so i dont have to have 3g or 4g in an ipad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPad in general is a great device.
However, if you take iPad 2, there are a few features missing: Siri is not available, in case you needed it, and it has lower screen resolution than iPad 3 or 4 with their retina screen display.
There's also the question of how long it will receive the latest software updates.

If all this doesn't matter, and you get it for a good price, then don't hesitate to purchase it.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as i can watch movies i,m fine

Yes, you will be able to watch movies on an iPad 2 and much more.

As Apple is still selling the iPad 2 as an entry level full size ipad, this would suggest that they will still be offering updates for this iPad into the future.

Enjoy!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I have a 64GB iPad 2 - works and looks great.
Just for fun I rented an HD priced movie from iTunes and could not tell the difference in picture quality, from less expensive SD content.

I think you'll be very happy, while staying within your budget, with an iPad 2 wifi only device.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Notorious Ama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still have my iPad 2 running 6.1.2 Jailbroken & still running strong. I do everything with this thing lol, the A6 chip is faster but the A5 is still an awesome performance chip. Siri is kinda like a want not a necessity.

Icarus73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And to support all positive info, I am running iOS Beta3 on my iPad2 and despite the occasional reboots because of beta software it runs just fine. So at least for a year more the latest software will be with your investment.

Andrew Redmond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is definitely a wise choice if you don't want to spent much money on tablet, reliable and can share the ios apps

tristandcarroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally think the iPad mini would be a better choice than the 2. It is cheaper, for starters but more importantly it is much newer which means it will be supported and updated for much longer.

Notorious Ama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally think the iPad mini would be a better choice than the 2. It is cheaper, for starters but more importantly it is much newer which means it will be supported and updated for much longer.

It's still running with the A5 chip same as iPad 2 but it does have a retina display & Siri but the software won't be an issue because of the same chip.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's still running with the A5 chip same as iPad 2 but it does have a retina display & Siri but the software won't be an issue because of the same chip.

The iPad mini at this time doesn't have a retina display......and the odds don't look good that the next mini will have it either from what they're saying. May have to wait for next years model to have a retina display.

Most reactions

Latest posts