What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good apps

harrystephens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guys. Im getting the Ipad 2 for chritmas and i was just wondering what are some things i should get with it. Is the smart case really wort it or should i get another one. What are some good apps because im getting this ipad basically for my school work because im using it as a computer in a way. I dont care how much apps are but if you know of any really good work apps or school study apps, that would be great. Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're using it for school work, then you'll probably be interested in Office compatible apps. You'll find several threads here that compare and contrast the various apps that are available. I use Apple's 'Pages' (Word compatible), 'Numbers' (Excel compatible) and 'Keynote' (PowerPoint compatible).

You'll have iOS5 on your iPad so you'll have a standard app for a regular and scientific calculator, so no need for that.

The basic Calendar app is OK too but it's somewhat limited in certain aspects. I use Pocket Informant HD, which sits on top of the standard Calender app. You can download the free User Manual from the Developer's website to check out its features. It's a very comprehensive calendar and task management application.

I'm sure other Members will come up with suggestions too, but use the Search button of the Forum and you'll find lots of advice, comments and reviews from our more than 120,000 members.

Great to have you here...

Tim

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running iOS5 but have not seen a standard calculator. Please tell me where it is.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running iOS5 but have not seen a standard calculator. Please tell me where it is.

There's no native calculator app, but there are plenty of free and paid ones in the app store. For a basic calculator, I use a free app named Jumbo. For a much more advanced calculator (and more), I recommend Wolfram Alpha. I don't remember what it costs, but I think I paid a couple of bucks for it. It's amazing.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I keep forgetting that the standards apps on the iPhone (where there is a calculator) and the iPad are different.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts