What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF, I cant watch flash player videos or windows media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifted07duramax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I fix this?

I want to watch movies off the free movie websites and I need adobe flash player to run so I can do some of my college assignments.

If I cant get this resolved Im going to have to return it because then its not worth the money to me

GUSHandGO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I fix this?

I want to watch movies off the free movie websites and I need adobe flash player to run so I can do some of my college assignments.

If I cant get this resolved Im going to have to return it because then its not worth the money to me

Umm... the iPad does not support Adobe Flash. Not sure how you missed that as it's been a HUGE topic for a very long time. Steve Jobs has even brought it up a few times.

As for WMV files, you can always convert those to MP4. There are various converters around the Web, like the one by Jodix (it converts lots of formats to MP4... it's free and fairly speedy).

OP
L

Lifted07duramax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm well I guess shame on me for not researching it more but sorry I dont follow steve jobs says.

When you keep hearing the ipad can do anything it didnt cross my mind that it doesnt support adobe.

I just want to go to letmewatchthis and youtube and watch some damn videos on my ipad

Safari wont let me download Jodix and Ive tried doing firefox and that wont work

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

Lifted07duramax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YouTube works just fine. Just use the app.

I need flash player to work more importantly or this thing is worthless to me.

Whats the point of buying college books on the ipad but not be able to use the ipad to login online and take your tests or go to some links that you may have to go to?

Anyone have a solution?

And does anyone know if the Xoom will be adobe flash compatible?

GUSHandGO

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Whats the point of buying college books on the ipad but not be able to use the ipad to login online and take your tests or go to some links that you may have to go to?

The point is that the iPad isn't a laptop. It's a tablet. It does a lot of really cool things. But... it's not a laptop, even though it has similar features.

Honestly, I'm really sorry it's not what you expected. But, all of these issues you bring up have been known before the iPad 2 was launched.

Luckily, you should have no problem unloading it should you decide to go with a Xoom. The iPad 2 is quite popular these days.

OP
L

Lifted07duramax

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The point is that the iPad isn't a laptop. It's a tablet. It does a lot of really cool things. But... it's not a laptop, even though it has similar features.

Honestly, I'm really sorry it's not what you expected. But, all of these issues you bring up have been known before the iPad 2 was launched.

Luckily, you should have no problem unloading it should you decide to go with a Xoom. The iPad 2 is quite popular these days.

Yep it sounds like a xoom is what I need. I want a light portable computer is what im looking for. Not a bigger size Iphone4 which I already have.

I tried searching but do you know when the wifi only xoom comes out? I see the one out now is $600 and the wifi only should be cheaper. Thats a big plus to me since the ipad2 I bought was 600

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical troll post and run to me.

Anyone that:

A) hasn't heard of flash not supported natively on iOS by now,

B) hasn't heard of Skyfire (or the newly announced iSwifter) to run flash on iOS,

C) didn't research ahead of buying an iPad, but has time to register at an iPad forum, make this kind of post, say that brand X is better, and disappear

is either a troll, or didn't take the time to find out before making posts like these. Sorry, but I see enough of these kind of posts not to draw any other conclusions. My personal opinion of course. I'd like to be wrong, but I have little else to support any other conclusion.

iSwifter works fine to play flash videos and games. Sure it doesn't run as fast as Safari, or any other browser not enabling flash, but we already knew that, and precisely the reason Apple doesn't support it natively.

Now that there are browser apps like these for free, I don't know why posts like these are still being brought up, aside from those who are either not informed or trolling for their own sake. It seems to me that fAndroids go out of their way to register on forums, state all the reasons why they aren't buying iPads, iPhones, macs, etc, calling all those who do kool-aid drinking iSheep, while 99% of all legitimate reviews praise Apple's efforts and millions of people buy Apple products anyways, most of which are buying Apple for the first time.

The millions of those who are happy with their Apple-made products don't seem to go out of their way, wasting their time registering on Android forums, and tell them how ignorant they are, yet there seems to be more than plenty of Apple haters who do just that, though I'd safely guess that 90% have never owned or used an Apple product. Eventually, most people get it. Most of Apple users ignore the multitudes of negative comments that pop up across the forums, because most Apple users know what is right for them and aren't buying into the negative mumbo jumbo.

Apple themselves, Steve Jobs himself even, said that Apple and it's products aren't perfect, but some people make it sound as if buying or using an Apple product will ruin thier lives and feel compelled to save us from ourselves, warning as many others round the clock the dangers of buying one. As if the rest of us aren't intelligent human beings that can make decisions on our own, or know what's best for us.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lifted07duramax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

But anyone Im still looking for a solution for my ipad. Do I need to jailbreak it or what? It seems safari is whats stopping me from downloading it, Im not quite sure.

But I want to stream movies from letmewatchthis and not have issues doing my college tests and links so I need that flash player.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Lifted07duramax said:
Thanks

But anyone Im still looking for a solution for my ipad. Do I need to jailbreak it or what? It seems safari is whats stopping me from downloading it, Im not quite sure.

But I want to stream movies from letmewatchthis and not have issues doing my college tests and links so I need that flash player.

Iswifter. Again, will do this. This is the last post I will make in this topic as i have a habit to not feed trolls....

OP
L

Lifted07duramax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A troll? Xune are you a nut case?

Seriously your post is so stupid, what are you the ipad police?

I never said Xoom was better. I said it looks like it has what I need.

I also said if I can resolve the problem on the ipad then I wanted to keep it. So Where does that come off as being a troll?

Im glad you took the time to make a big reply and be so off lol. Thanks for the laugh.

Oh and to the poster of iswifter, I downloaded it but everytime I try to use it and it comes time to open up the video it just sits there like it froze. Ive given it plenty of time incase it was just in the middle of loading.

And Xune yea I did buy it without seeing if it had flash player. Im not an apple junky or on motorlas nuts. But when you hear from everyone that the ipad is the shit and it can do anything, I atleast figured it had flash player.
Like I said shame on me for not looking into that first.

But I hope by someone reading this post they can possibly avoid the same mistake I made.

I hope I can get iswifter to work. But Im open to any other ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts