WTF, I cant watch flash player videos or windows media?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Lifted07duramax, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pharlap

Pharlap
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ya gotta be kiddin you didn't know this -well you can play wmv files on iPad with vlc player and get them onto iPad through Goodreader

2. thekarens

thekarens
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Farmville is a free app in the app store.

Everyone and their dog knows ios doesn't support flash esp if you have an iphone.

There are several lightweight laptops like the macbook air or a netbook that will do what you want and better suit your needs.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

3. Kgezella

Kgezella
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Sorry but for over 1 year now no flash. You live under a rock or work for motorola?

4. Tinman

Tinman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Well the OP didn't ask about that--it was brought up by someone else who already has a solution for it. Moreover, and I don't play it, but I am pretty sure the iOS app is not the same thing as playing it via flash in fb.

Michael

5. Jessjoy

Jessjoy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey download iswifter, I can even play flash games on my iPad with this! I also can watch movies from zmovie.tv on there too! Not the ones with the annoying pop ups. Hope this helps! I downloaded sky fire first but wasn't able to do my games but then I read an article about iswifter and it's truly amazing, the graphics aren't that great but it does the job that others can't !

6. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Iswifter

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Come on people. I know the Flash issue gets old, but let it go.

OPlayer will do WMV files. Flash is possible with a jailbreak, but the 4.3 jailbreak for iPad 2 is still delayed (last I heard). Check out the hacker forum for more info. The three mentioned apps are the best you can get, for now.

And that is all there really is to say, other than rehashing some very old arguments.

8. Jessjoy

Jessjoy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    A pop up will come up after u browse for so long then u can pay it. It's a wonderful browser the only one I can use to play all my fb games!

9. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Dude...you have an iPhone 4.. If you've had it any length of time you've already come to realize that it doesn't support Flash. Even if you didn't know that Apple pretty much designs all their gear the same way, your own statement equating the iPad as a "big iPhone 4" is a DEAD giveaway that you must somehow know that the iPad is designed the same way as the iPhone 4, which-incidentally- runs on the same iOS and DOES NOT SUPPORT FLASH.

Oh well. This is what you get for not making the effort to do a little research before plunking down the coin for a big-ticket purchase. But hey, at least you got your fifteen minutes of instant gratification, eh?

You've already branded the iPad as a big failure, so why not just take it back and get the XOOM, then? At least you'll be happy to have Flash.

Personally, I don't miss it at all on the iPad. A large number of the annoying ads on the internet are Flash-based and I'm happy to say I don't miss them at all on the iPad, either. The number of websites I've run into on my iPad that won't load at all because they require Flash are outnumbered by the fingers on my right hand. I can live with that.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

#29 Mtnmedic, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  10. Tinman

Tinman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Flash is NOT available with a jailbreak.

There was an app, frash, that BARELY enabled flash ads to work--that was about it. Last I checked it didn't even "work", if you can call it work, with 4.2.1 let alone 4.3.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.