What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF, I cant watch flash player videos or windows media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIFchamp24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

But anyone Im still looking for a solution for my ipad. Do I need to jailbreak it or what? It seems safari is whats stopping me from downloading it, Im not quite sure.

But I want to stream movies from letmewatchthis and not have issues doing my college tests and links so I need that flash player.

Staples Ad For WiFi-only XOOM Shows March 27th Release? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

The Wi-fi Xoom will be $599. The 3g/4g model that is out now is $599 on a two year contract of signing a data package with Verizon.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Lifted07duramax said:
A troll? Xune are you a nut case?

Seriously your post is so stupid, what are you the ipad police?

I never said Xoom was better. I said it looks like it has what I need.

I also said if I can resolve the problem on the ipad then I wanted to keep it. So Where does that come off as being a troll?

Im glad you took the time to make a big reply and be so off lol. Thanks for the laugh.

Oh and to the poster of iswifter, I downloaded it but everytime I try to use it and it comes time to open up the video it just sits there like it froze. Ive given it plenty of time incase it was just in the middle of loading.

And Xune yea I did buy it without seeing if it had flash player. Im not an apple junky or on motorlas nuts. But when you hear from everyone that the ipad is the shit and it can do anything, I atleast figured it had flash player.
Like I said shame on me for not looking into that first.

But I hope by someone reading this post they can possibly avoid the same mistake I made.

I hope I can get iswifter to work. But Im open to any other ideas

Try puffin browser or skyfire

OP
L

Lifted07duramax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifted07duramax said:

I also said if I can resolve the problem on the ipad then I wanted to keep it. So Where does that come off as being a troll?

Im glad you took the time to make a big reply and be so off lol. Thanks for the laugh.

Oh and to the poster of iswifter, I downloaded it but everytime I try to use it and it comes time to open up the video it just sits there like it froze. Ive given it plenty of time incase it was just in the middle of loading.

And Xune yea I did buy it without seeing if it had flash player. Im not an apple junky or on motorlas nuts. But when you hear from everyone that the ipad is the shit and it can do anything, I atleast figured it had flash player.

But I hope by someone reading this post they can possibly avoid the same mistake I made.

Try puffin browser or skyfire

Trying both now, Ill report back to see if it worked

Paulkalman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
huh???

how does iswifter work, here I was thinking that flash (and yes I am an unapologetic farmville player) were not possible on my ipad. I have just been playing it and watching flash movies too. This is too much , and now I need to figure out how to send them the $2.99 (right now seems well worth the money to me

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya gotta be kiddin you didn't know this -well you can play wmv files on iPad with vlc player and get them onto iPad through Goodreader

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Farmville is a free app in the app store.

Everyone and their dog knows ios doesn't support flash esp if you have an iphone.

There are several lightweight laptops like the macbook air or a netbook that will do what you want and better suit your needs.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Kgezella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but for over 1 year now no flash. You live under a rock or work for motorola?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Farmville is a free app in the app store.
Well the OP didn't ask about that--it was brought up by someone else who already has a solution for it. Moreover, and I don't play it, but I am pretty sure the iOS app is not the same thing as playing it via flash in fb.

Michael

Jessjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifted07duramax said:
How can I fix this?

I want to watch movies off the free movie websites and I need adobe flash player to run so I can do some of my college assignments.

If I cant get this resolved Im going to have to return it because then its not worth the money to me

Hey download iswifter, I can even play flash games on my iPad with this! I also can watch movies from zmovie.tv on there too! Not the ones with the annoying pop ups. Hope this helps! I downloaded sky fire first but wasn't able to do my games but then I read an article about iswifter and it's truly amazing, the graphics aren't that great but it does the job that others can't !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Come on people. I know the Flash issue gets old, but let it go.

OPlayer will do WMV files. Flash is possible with a jailbreak, but the 4.3 jailbreak for iPad 2 is still delayed (last I heard). Check out the hacker forum for more info. The three mentioned apps are the best you can get, for now.

And that is all there really is to say, other than rehashing some very old arguments.

Jessjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paulkalman said:
how does iswifter work, here I was thinking that flash (and yes I am an unapologetic farmville player) were not possible on my ipad. I have just been playing it and watching flash movies too. This is too much , and now I need to figure out how to send them the $2.99 (right now seems well worth the money to me

A pop up will come up after u browse for so long then u can pay it. It's a wonderful browser the only one I can use to play all my fb games!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lifted07duramax said:

Dude...you have an iPhone 4.. If you've had it any length of time you've already come to realize that it doesn't support Flash. Even if you didn't know that Apple pretty much designs all their gear the same way, your own statement equating the iPad as a "big iPhone 4" is a DEAD giveaway that you must somehow know that the iPad is designed the same way as the iPhone 4, which-incidentally- runs on the same iOS and DOES NOT SUPPORT FLASH.

Oh well. This is what you get for not making the effort to do a little research before plunking down the coin for a big-ticket purchase. But hey, at least you got your fifteen minutes of instant gratification, eh?

You've already branded the iPad as a big failure, so why not just take it back and get the XOOM, then? At least you'll be happy to have Flash.

Personally, I don't miss it at all on the iPad. A large number of the annoying ads on the internet are Flash-based and I'm happy to say I don't miss them at all on the iPad, either. The number of websites I've run into on my iPad that won't load at all because they require Flash are outnumbered by the fingers on my right hand. I can live with that.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Come on people. I know the Flash issue gets old, but let it go.

OPlayer will do WMV files. Flash is possible with a jailbreak, but the 4.3 jailbreak for iPad 2 is still delayed (last I heard). Check out the hacker forum for more info. The three mentioned apps are the best you can get, for now.

And that is all there really is to say, other than rehashing some very old arguments.
Flash is NOT available with a jailbreak.

There was an app, frash, that BARELY enabled flash ads to work--that was about it. Last I checked it didn't even "work", if you can call it work, with 4.2.1 let alone 4.3.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions