What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Edit: Never mind. My question was answered in another thread.

Out of curiosity, is that because the forum would not accept the ç in your user name, or because you could not type the ç?

On both the Mac and the iPad, a long press of the 'c' letter gives you the option to type "ç, ć, or č. But you probably already knew that.

And, of course, you can always enable and use the Español keyboard.

BTW, your username does not show up with the spanish ç when I see it on the forum.
Hiya

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hiya too, long time no speak :)
The use of the letter ç in my username was the problem. All now sorted as I have changed it.
Thanks for caring.
Mike

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this was my internet connection or the forum software: I tried to send a pm a few minutes ago. The first time it was loading slowly and then it didn't show up. So I hit "Post reply" again. Now I see the same message twice.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Johanna, just sent you a pm to see if all ok. It was sent pretty quickly so no problem here with the new forum. Let me know if you receive please. As I say, no issues from my end.
Mike

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sent you an answer, without problems now, and it was sent quickly as well. It happened for a second time before I received your pm, though. Still wondering why. o_O

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This has happened to me in the past too. Not very, often fortunately, but it did occur on another forum. I just put it down to the Internet gremlins. Don't know what to suggest really. All this IT stuff is too much some times.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We can always remove some of those options to make it a little more simple?
This might be rehashing of something that's already a done deal:

Is it possible to remove the neutral ratings (and the "positive" dislike)? On the iPad, they're close to each other, and I find myself tapping the wrong sign quite a few times, in spite of enlarging them, which means I have to undo the rating and try again.

And I think no one really uses the neutral ratings intentionally.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few threads I'm watching, but didn't post there so far:
image.jpg

Like this one.
When I open one of those threads and try to unwatch, I can't do it:
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few threads I'm watching, but didn't post there so far:
View attachment 58475
Like this one.
When I open one of those threads and try to unwatch, I can't do it:
View attachment 58476
I think I found the answer. This is one thread of a forum I'm watching. This will include all threads of the forum. Supposedly this is the reason why it's not possible to unwatch it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I post pictures here. I can't post anything with this new upgrade.
This way:
Tap "Upload a file" next to Post Reply:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Select Choose File
image.jpg

Tap "Choose Existing". Select the photo, and then decide whether to show it as full image, like mine, or as thumbnail. Then post reply.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To post a picture, tap on the upload a file button at the bottom of the box where you write the post. In the pop up that appears, tap the choose file button. Next, select whether you want to take a photo with the camera or choose an existing photo in the photo library.

If you choose to use an existing photo you will go to the camear roll where you can select the photo you want to use.

Once your photo or photos are downloaded you can tap on post reply if you want the photis to appear as thumbnails or you can tap the full image button if you want larger images.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days the site has started jumping up and down a few times before the ads finish loading; as if it can't decide what size the adds are going to be. This is in Safari on the iMac. Doesn't do it on the iPad.

Hard on the eyes.

Most reactions

Latest posts