iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iDan, Jun 18, 2014.

1. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    After selecting the posts, did you choose "Insert Quotes" next to Post Reply? Then you get this message, and select "Quote these messages". Then they should be visible exactly like the second one of my quotes. :)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Czevski

Czevski
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Can I set larger fonts for this website? I had the app the way I liked it. When I use a pinch to make things larger it floats all over - and applies only to the current page.

3. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Dave, this new contraption, it's really quite good and very logical in many respects and frankly, in my opinion, much less happy-go-lucky than what we had before. Just needs a bit of perseverance, (like the answer by iDan to your apparent problem). The more you get into the system the more you will find to like. Well I do anyway:) I can understand your hesitancy about posting those great pictures of yours in your very interesting travelogues, but don't stop now mate! We all enjoy them:)
    Have you looked at the Tapatalk app? I use Tapatalk Pro and find it excellent, and no problem interacting with forum posts including production of pictures. It's great for just following all the unread posts that may catch your attention. Check it out.
    See ya soon?
    Andrew

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I couldn't find a way so far. It wasn't possible on the website or in website view before the upgrade, afaik.

Did you also try double tapping the website on a post? It will enlarge the forum a bit, maybe enough for your needs.

#134 J. A., Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not able to post my photos in the Image/Photo thread. I get the error in the screenshot below. I've looked at the file size. They are 3 MB and below.
    I've tried it at least four times in the last three or four hours.

Attached Files:

6. zstairlessone

zstairlessone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure where to post this, but I had to log onto the website to find out I had to log onto the website (which I never do) it was frustrating since the change until I tried the unconventional route. I will miss everyone here, but won't spend much (if any) time in the future (very sad for me) here (or the iPhone forum once that changes over). I will only be disappointed with using a web browser and trying to follow new posts in all areas, using it to post and read etc. I want to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome and all the help, laughter, music and so much more you brought to my life. There will be a hole, that will take a long time to learn to step over, in my days, but that is what friends are for - to make those spaces that can never be filled, only bypassed with a hint of memory and a smile.

7. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There would be a hole if you really don't post here any more. I'd certainly not be the only one who'd miss you.

There's another app you could use for this forum: Tapatalk. It works great with iPF, and didn't have the problems of the "old" iPF app. Maybe you'll like the experience. :)

8. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you just tap the message header, it will open on it's own page! :)

The app is still undecided as yet, I've heard conflicting reports on it, so can't give you an answer I'm afraid! :(

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As JA says many of us will miss you here, I personally don't like the thought at all.

I understand how you feel about using a browser, I'm the same way and was loathe to have to, but I'm kinda liking it now, it's nothing like the old site and has so many more features and is so much quicker.

There is also Tapatalk you can use and will be able to view both this forum and iPhones at the same time, so there's no need to switch between these sites......many other forums you may also follow can also be accessed through Tapatalk.

On the site I've made a few Bookmark Favs so I can get to my most used threads quicker just by pressing these which are all placed just under the URL. Actually I'm finding many things here now which are easier than the app was......quoting, loading photos, profile access, changing avatars are more simple now, it's just a bit of a learning curve to begin with and we are all here to help also! :)

If you must....then I wish you well in the future but I do hope you will reconsider! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ughhhhh !
    1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

So sad the app will no longer work. The web based forum reminds me very much of forums in the 1990's. Not good at all. iPad forum should be visible on an app. Surely not an insurmountable proble.