What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days the site has started jumping up and down a few times before the ads finish loading; as if it can't decide what size the adds are going to be. This is in Safari on the iMac. Doesn't do it on the iPad.

Hard on the eyes.
I accessed iPF on my notebook in Firefox today. It did the same.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still use Tapatalk, although the browser seems to be the new recommended way to access these forums. SInce the upgrade, I've noticed that search no longer works when using Tapatalk. But search does work from a browser.

Sorry if that has already been brought up, as I haven't read all the post in this thread. But I still like Tapatalk!

Steve

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still use Tapatalk, although the browser seems to be the new recommended way to access these forums. SInce the upgrade, I've noticed that search no longer works when using Tapatalk. But search does work from a browser.

Sorry if that has already been brought up, as I haven't read all the post in this thread. But I still like Tapatalk!

Steve
You get search results in the app, when you select "By Post" after entering what you're searching for:
image.jpg

"By Topic" will only lead to the Welcome thread.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You get search results in the app, when you select "By Post" after entering what you're searching for: View attachment 58536
"By Topic" will only lead to the Welcome thread.
Thanks J.A.

I must be using a different version of Tapatalk, because my UI looks different from your screenshot. I am using Tapatalk HD. That said, the search works if I select Posts at the bottom of the screen, instead of the top as on your's.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks J.A.

I must be using a different version of Tapatalk, because my UI looks different from your screenshot. I am using Tapatalk HD. That said, the search works if I select Posts at the bottom of the screen, instead of the top as on your's.

Steve

You're welcome.
There are different versions of the app. The one I'm using is Tapatalk Pro. It looks like this:
image.jpg

I'm glad it's working.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just noticed that a private message sent to me was also visible on the 'postings' section of the sender's profile.
If this is visible to everybody, it no longer keeps the message 'private'

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just noticed that a private message sent to me was also visible on the 'postings' section of the sender's profile.
It's also visible in your own Postings tab. I just looked at mine. It's described as "Private Message", whereas your normal posts have "Post" at the right.
So I too wonder if these conversations are visible for everyone.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's also visible in your own Postings tab. I just looked at mine. It's described as "Private Message", whereas your normal posts have "Post" at the right.
So I too wonder if these conversations are visible for everyone.

You wouldn't mind if I checked your profile, would you? Just as a way of ensuring whether its visible to others or not. We have not had any private conversations recently.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You wouldn't mind if I checked your profile, would you? Just as a way of ensuring whether its visible to others or not. We have not had any private conversations recently.
That would be helpful.
I've received a few pm's recently. I'm curious if you can read them, or only see that I got them.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You're welcome.
There are different versions of the app. The one I'm using is Tapatalk Pro. It looks like this:
View attachment 58551
I'm glad it's working.
J.A.

It looks like Tapatalk HD is no longer available in the App Store. I find that odd because Tapatalk Pro doesn't have a 2 column layout for tablets. Strange?

Steve

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J.A.

It looks like Tapatalk HD is no longer available in the App Store. I find that odd because Tapatalk Pro doesn't have a 2 column layout for tablets. Strange?

Steve

The only other app that I could find was this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk/id307880732?mt=8
It's the free app.

From time to time, apps are removed from the App Store. So that's not strange. Do you still find it in your Purchased tab in the App Store app?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Private messages in the postings section of a member's profile page are only visible to you if you've exchanged PM's with the member. The only PM's you see are the ones sent to you by that member. Everyone else sees nothing.

Most reactions