What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to iOS 10 iPads - What you need to know !

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Something I have noticed is that the barometer sensor no longer works on my iPad air 2. I have tried several barometric apps and each says that the iPad does not have the sensor, which it did this morning.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Something I have noticed is that the barometer sensor no longer works on my iPad air 2. I have tried several barometric apps and each says that the iPad does not have the sensor, which it did this morning.
Maybe those apps haven't yet been updated to work properly with iOS 10.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 10 became available to me a bit after lunchtime and I got it right away. I had done a full backup to my MacBook Air this morning so I felt confident going for the update and installing it. I've opened several of my most used Apps and there have been no problems. I note that when opening Safari it has taken a while for all the icons for sites I visit had to rebuild. The update also seemed to occupy a bit more hard drive space but nothing alarming.

So far, so good.

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one gem of advice for anyone reading before updating - BACK UP YOUR DEVICE FIRST!!!!
Enough said.

BanjoBiker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated my iPad Pro to iOS 10.0.1 last night. First problem I have noticed is I have to manually force the iPad to reconnect to my Bluetooth wireless keyboard. In the past, it used to awaken with a key press. Not any longer. Now, I have to go into settings and make it search for the keyboard every time I want to use it. I deleted the keyboard and re-affiliated it. Same problem. Apparently the Bluetooth settings in iOS 10 need another look by the developers.

Most reactions