iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I will be home on Friday. I'm thinking about sending spotters out around the neighborhood to watch for the FedEx truck and call me when it is nearby.

Nahhh, I'll just be out on the porch waiting.

2. icrazy

icrazy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This is taking to long, I demand Apple speed up time and make it friday!

3. davere

davere
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone. First post on here!

I am taking Friday off so that I can be home to sign for it. I haven't had much luck with the package release waiver from Apple, they have ignored it in the past.

My coworker ordered a WiFi iPad and she is getting hers tomorrow, so she took the day off to wait for it.

We decided that it is departmental policy to automatically grant the day off when you have to wait for an Apple shipment. Our boss did a lot of eye rolling but we got our respective days off anyway.

4. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forum davere. It should be a required holiday to receive an ipad, especially the 3G since we've been waiting so long. Can't wait to send my first post from my 3G!

5. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It's Arbor Day in many places and we are talking about planing Apple Seeds, right?

6. davere

davere
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, we are having a huge thunderstorm here right now and the power has gone out, that includes my Internet. One more reason why waiting for the 3G iPad is a good idea! Browsing with my iPhone is not that great.

7. sickpup

sickpup
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Your getting the nasty weather we had for a couple of days. Shut down the Zurich Golf and the Jazz Fest was a lake on Friday and yesterday it spawned tornados north of here in Mississippi. Spring in your area and mine can be real dangerous. Be safe.

8. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    That's my exact reason for the 3G! Hurricane season os almost here and when the power goes out the 3G will be my main source of information and entertainment.

9. JLStrange

JLStrange
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  10. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I am not following this thread any longer but I got an email pointing to your post. We just went through a major tornado outbreak and it reminded me of the validity of your post.

When we have thousands of lighting strikes per hour in an intense storm I have learned to disconnect the desktop computers and virtually all forms of electronics from the power grid. I have had to make substantial claims in the past due to lighting induced damage that ran into the thousands to repair or replace things as diverse as the refrigerator to the garage door opener as well as misc computer equipment.

My policy means even the cable modem and he VOIP OOMA gets turned off thought I could continue with UPS if it wasn't too bad.

I end up being totally disconnected when others are calling me. So cell phones are the link to the outside world. OTA TV provides information on the storm.

The iPad 3G would be a lifesaver like the iPhone but in spades as it can connect to the world using 3G but with no physical wires allowing lighting damage. The 3G battery lasts up to nine hours which is plenty during the disruption.
    It trees take out the power grid the iPad 3G should last far longer than my portable TV.

:):):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.