What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont get one IMHO. I have used ZAGG on all of my things. but thats because I am rough with my ipods and phones. my computer gets put on lots of surfaces which inevitably have crap on it which scratch the bottom

But the ipad doesn't fit in a pocket. is much more expensive than ipods or phones, and is designed to be used in cases, whereas computers are not. (overheat, cumbersome, etc.)

so, get a case which covers the screen and treat the ipad like its a $600 piece of glass. you dont want to cover up that beautiful screen!

I use one on my Storm 2 and one big thing that it helped with is finger prints. My screen was a finger print magnet prior to adding the invisishield and now it hardly shows fingerprints at all. For that alone it might be worth while. My plan is to give it a try and see what I think. The worst thing that can happen is that I decide to rip it off and end up having wasted $35 or so. Also, I will have the guy in the mall install it - that is key cuz I hate trying to get the @#$# things to go on right!

-Greg

That's a good point Greg. fortunately, for me, I have dry calused hands...so fingerprints are less a problem for me. but for dana, that is a consideration I did not address which may be relevant to you.

on a side note, I noticed invisible shields actually absorb oils. I had one on my macbook pro for the palms and trackpad. the damn thing turned a disgusting brown from months and months of resting my palms on it. I also tried an experiment; I drew on it with a gel pen - which is oil based; the ink wiped away leaving brown oils in the shield in the shape of the drawing. so evidently, the polymer is not oleophobic, but oleophilic (oil-liking). which explains why fingerprints don't show up on it - it just absorbs the oils from your fingerprints. I also have not found a solvent or surfactant that will take the oils out (I am a chemist) and I have found even mild solvents such as MEOH will damage the shield. just an observation I though might be interesting for you

I know there have been a ton of "it's shipping posts" between this and now but I just got back on (busy morning and "me too" to that :) ) to read this.

The oil thing is very interesting - and a bit gross... I have had the shield on my Storm 2 since Nov and I have noticed that it went from rough and tacky to a very smooth surface (that I like better).

-Greg

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by dks
WOW... I am glad to finally get a shipped notice... but look at the expected arrival date... this is not cool... especially for priority overnight...

Ipad's weigh 1.5 lbs. without the box. It certainly isn't going to wifh 1 lb. with the box. My 3G shipping weight says 4lbs. You must have something else ordered.

------------

OK, I went & double checked... the 3G is all I have on order... the shipping data I posted was taken from the Fed Ex link thru the Apple order status site... so I guess it is correct... I am hoping it will get here tomorrow anyway :eek:

I live a few doors down from the fed ex driver... maybe I should go camp out in his front yard?

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
11:15 in San Jose. CA. and just got my shipment notification. Delivery tomorrow by 4:30 via FedEx. Now maybe I can get some work done and charge my phone! After all, tomorrow is a holiday from work!

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love it when a plan comes together. The mail person just delivered a nice leather case for my 3G (wife gets Apple case) and UPS will be delivering a Case Logic ipad Messenger Bag tomorrow. I wonder who will deliver 1st, Fedex with the 3G's or UPS with the bag. :D

Tigara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my shipping confirmation...hooray!! It is on its way!! Picked up in Nashville.
Ordered April 11th / Panama City Beach, FL

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took a printout of the FedEX ticket to my local office. She checked on the number and we made arrangements. Now, I am going to pick it up at the office tomorrow when it opens at 8:30. That way I will make sure I have it before I leave out at 11:00.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by dks
WOW... I am glad to finally get a shipped notice... but look at the expected arrival date... this is not cool... especially for priority overnight...

Ipad's weigh 1.5 lbs. without the box. It certainly isn't going to wifh 1 lb. with the box. My 3G shipping weight says 4lbs. You must have something else ordered.

------------

OK, I went & double checked... the 3G is all I have on order... the shipping data I posted was taken from the Fed Ex link thru the Apple order status site... so I guess it is correct... I am hoping it will get here tomorrow anyway :eek:

I live a few doors down from the fed ex driver... maybe I should go camp out in his front yard?

The weight on my tracking says 4 lbs too. And I did not order anything else.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK great.

Now I'm worried again! These forums are no help!! :p
It's almost 3 PM here in NY, and no shipment tracking!!! Still "PfS".

Gah!!!!

nor84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my shipping notice. Delivery by Fed-EX by 3:00 p.m. on the 30th. Shipping from Rancho Cordova, CA. I live in California, so should not be a problem. Yea!

lobywan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by dks

------------

The weight on my tracking says 4 lbs too. And I did not order anything else.

Mine says 1 pound too (shipped from Rancho Cordova), but I'm not really worried -- I've shipped a lot of stuff where it has shown 1 pound for no apparent reason when the item has been as much a 60 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts