What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To 3g or not to 3g?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The mifi charge is for the amount of data used and you're right the battery life of the mifi aint great. Check out the details at three.co.uk.

I originally bought it for my sony laptop and only really use it for email and maps when out and about. Since I already had it I decided to buy the wireless only iPad but with more storage.

If buying anew I would prefer the 3g but then I'm eagerly awaiting the next generation iPad which will definately be a 3g model :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thinking about it, buy the 3g model and pick up a 3 pay as you go sim card when you can afford it.
Good luck whatever you decide.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy an iPad without 3G. I use it on the shuttle bus, at work, on vacation, in the car.

In the US, there isn't a better 3G deal (at least as far as I know)

Someone else mentioned a pay pas you go miff in the UK? That might be worth checking out.

OP
Y

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what if I got 3g and then got this:

iPad Micro-SIM Pay As You Go + 3 deal summary

This gives me a micro sim and 3gb of data that lasts for 3 months until it expires. But then it lists the top up amounts.

1GB £10
3GB £15
7GB £25

How long would these last? 1 month? After 30 days would they then expire and not let me have any data without topping back up?

Most reactions

Latest posts