iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edge7

edge7
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'll be off even though I work at home. Just wanted to be sure I didn't get any last minute "emergency" calls to be at a job somewhere. Also, it is Arbor Day, I'll be in the front yard working, and will probably meet the FedEx truck in the street!!!!

2. vknight

vknight
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I will be working from home and watching for Mr. Fedex :)

3. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm retired - do some consulting work and home school my daughter. I've already arranged to send the daughter out of town to a revival and told my clients I'm having knee surgery. In anticipation my wife signed up for triple call at the hospital -- so we (me and my iPad) won't be bothering her over the weekend.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together :D

4. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Leave one of those self signie things on the door. Then take a half day off - your delivery will probably not happen until the afternoon anyway. And whatever you do - don't lie! Tell the truth - be proud! Be proud to be a geek! If she ridicules you start laughing like those guys in Animal House! Explain to her how you, and a select group of thousands of geeks across the world will one day, eventually - rule the planet! And if she wants to be Queen to one of the rulers of the world then she needs to get with the program - and quickly - else be left behind!

Show her this website - explain to her that the writing to behold in these various threads come from some of the greatest minds alive! Let her spend time perusing our various philosophies and visions of what life on this planet will be like in the future. Enlighten her - bring her along to where you are. We will gladly accept her into our community with open arms - as long as she is willing to make the effort. Never be ashamed - it is she who should be taking Friday off demanding to know where the hell the order is for HER iPad 3G!

#904 DavidNM, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  5. mossman

mossman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm taking the day off. But as luck would have it, I had already marked the day as a PTO day, so it's really a nice coincidence that the iPad arrives the same day. Usually in my job, I don't have the opportunity to take days off at will.

6. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Interesting stuff - I have 2 pre-orders for 3G 64GB models -- one placed March 13 the other on April 3rd. Early last week I received the e-mails re the April 30th date and a hold was put on my credit card$$. 4 days ago I get a call from my cards fraud alert verifying the charges - of which I validated.

Today the hold has been removed by my account - but no other status changes. Been on hold with Apple for 30 minutes trying to make sure the order didn't get nuked.

OK - just got off the phone with Apple / here's what they told me. They said that both of my orders are cool - no problems. Since my card has been authorized - as far as Apple is concerned - they have authorization. She then said that both units should ship out tomorrow for delivery on Friday.

I then asked her if they're shipping from China like all of my accessories - and she said 'good question' - did some checking and said that both of my units will be shipping from within the United States - so they may ship as late as Wednesday since they're scheduled to go overnight.

Thought you should know!

7. icrazy

icrazy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    iPad iPad
    --------------
    To hold and to love
    To touch and to play
    It is the wait I loath
    It is such a long delay

A slew of apps I will install
    A compendium of music I will add
    I will dock it in a shrine, hung on the wall
    I will let no one touch it, more than a tad
    Browsing the web in the stall
    This will turn out to be no fad

Yes I want it that bad...

8. nursedina

nursedina
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't work right now, I'm home recuperating from surgery so I will be right here waiting for my baby!

9. mediapad

mediapad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I know many people have received their camera connection kit already but mine was still on order. I placed my order on the morning of 4/7/10 along with the keyboard dock and the vga adapter and of course the 64g3G. Everything had shipped and arrived but the camera kit and the ipad. Yesterday the camera kit went to "prepared for shipment" and just a few minutes ago it went into the "shipped" category. The details don't list shipment origin location yet, but it does say that it will be delivered on the 28th via FedEx. Only that one all important item left in the "Not Yet Shipped" category. Can't wait for that to change!!!!!!!

10. jaspertyler

jaspertyler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am also staying home on Friday. I look forward to fun on the forums with the rest of you! :) Of course, I did also invite my mom over to watch Avatar...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.