What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G in India with MicroSim!!

dgtl887

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know what settings I should enter for Reliance 3G ? I bought the SIM yesterday, but the same message (that other users have mentioned) is popping up, and I cannot access the internet through it.

Moreover, where would one even enter the "*99#" thing as previously mentioned ?

ujjwal_22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know what settings I should enter for Reliance 3G ? I bought the SIM yesterday, but the same message (that other users have mentioned) is popping up, and I cannot access the internet through it.

Moreover, where would one even enter the "*99#" thing as previously mentioned ?

Enter
"rcomnet" in APN setting and leave the username and password as blank.

No other setting required.

dgtl887

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enter
"rcomnet" in APN setting and leave the username and password as blank.

No other setting required.

Thanks a lot man. I finally got it working after a day of worrying that it'd be a waste of money.

dilipc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great that you got it working. Did Reliance give you a microsim, or you had to get it cut?

I have Airtel and have to pay Rs 400/month for a 2GB download limit.
What are the other service providers charging and what limit to downloads do they give?

amitsharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great that you got it working. Did Reliance give you a microsim, or you had to get it cut?

What are the other service providers charging and what limit to downloads do they give?
It seems that you are using Airtel's postpaid plan, hence paying Rs. 400/month for 2 GB. I am using a prepaid H2 card and getting it charged for Rs. 98/month for 2 GB download/upload.

dgtl887

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I bought a micro sim cutter from ebay for like 300 bucks. Got a Rel 3G prepaid connection and did the work myself. They charge 950 for 3GB, I think. The plans are available on their site.

dilipc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It seems that you are using Airtel's postpaid plan, hence paying Rs. 400/month for 2 GB. I am using a prepaid H2 card and getting it charged for Rs. 98/month for 2 GB download/upload.

Thanks for the input. Can you point me to the exact prepaid scheme from Airtel you are using? They are charging me Rs 200 for mobile (which I can't use on the iPad!) and Rs 200 for 2GB/month.

crab350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Little input

There has been no 400rs stuff in airtel. 99 rs for 3G is there for post paid also. I was using it till yesterday. I changed to airtel 3G only yesterday. The speeds are amazing. I use airtel 3G postpaid in my iPhone 4 and bsnl 3G prepaid in my iPad. In experience bsnl is both good in less price and double the speed of airtel. Moreover with airtel and bsnl, I have not faced a single problem yet now. I just cut the sim, insert and everything works fine.

amitsharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get an airtel connection (H2 card, the microSIM card). Once it gets activated, you need to get it recharged for Rs. 98 (ask them to recharge it for internet use) and you are done!

Reaction score
apn settings help please

I am new to the forum. just arrived in India with USA 3G Ipad. I have airtel microsim, i took 1 month internet for INR 98, but still saying not able to connect to network. I think I need the APN settings, username and password. can someone supply these please

dilipc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, there isn't any APN setting, nor username/password. I think you need to ask Airtel to activate your microsim.

rhythmicspeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of these customer care executive dont even know whats APN like reliance...but anyways i managed to get my realince 3g work for my ipad...thnx all of u....

gordita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was planning on surprising my dad (in Mumbai) with the new ipad2 3g version. Problem is, I’m not sure what 3g services and prices are available for Mumbai and Thane location.
is it as easy as signing up for a 3g plan with one of the providers (eg. vodafone, MTNL, BSNL) and they provide a 3g SIM (which u need to cut to make it a micro-sim), insert into the ipad2 and voila? can someone give me a rough estimate on prices per month for 3g service in Mumbai? Presently, i’m not sure if my dad has 3g on his mobile, he just has basic cell phone coverage. Just like the US, is it possible to sign up for personal hotspot 3g service if his phone and the provider support it? if yes, what models and providers support it?

Most reactions

Latest posts