What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G in India with MicroSim!!

rahulw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airtel signal coming, edge logo coming, apn settings airtelgprs.com but still Internet not working .

Anyluck with your Airtel GPRS on Ipad 3G . I am also stuck. Please let me know if I cab use GPRS on IPad 3G with Airtel.

crab350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAd 3g 64GB

Hi Guys,

I didn't read all the post, but i am just giving my experience in using 3G sim in IPAD. I got the IPAD 3G 64GB a month back. I myself cut the sim and inserted into the IPAD. First i tried the airtel sim. Just went into settings and entered the APN as airtelgprs.com and edge worked instantly. The speed was normal.

Then i bought a BSNL 3G sim, cut the sim and inserted into IPAD. Entered APN as bsnlnet. 3G worked instantly. And the speed is great. min speed is 300 kbps and max is 800 kbps.

Actually the connection works immediately. IF it is not working then please check the way you cut the sim. IF we make a mistake by a cuople of MM then the connection will not work. IF you can't make it correct then go to some shops where they cut the sim for you and charge 100 rs for that. There are some shops in parsen complex(below anna flyover - chennai).

vb7ue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad on Airtel Edge

I have just started using my Ipad 64GB 3G on Airtel's Edge/GPRS network. I took a new connection and paid Rs 98 for a month's internet, and then cut the sim card myself, and plugged it in the ipad. One needs to set the APN to airtelgprs.com, and you are set to use the internet anywhere and everywhere! I checked up online later to see if anyone else has also done it, and landed onto this site. Feel bad that I am not the first one to do it! :)
After reading this forum, I will try and get onto BSNL instead if thats a 3G network, and hopefully they have such cheap 3G monthly rental schemes as well!

andykrenator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.citizendentalclinic.com
Airtel signal coming, edge logo coming, apn settings airtelgprs.com but still Internet not working .

Anyluck with your Airtel GPRS on Ipad 3G . I am also stuck. Please let me know if I cab use GPRS on IPad 3G with Airtel.
I am so glad that you guys helped me so easily.
I bought my ipad 3G and took a micro-sim from Airtel. when i saw the APN settings as posted by you APN- airtelgprs.com , the ipda sprang to like immediately.

Thank you very much, appreciate.

andykrenator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.citizendentalclinic.com
airtel GPRS works very well with ipad 3G

I recently got a i pad 3G and a airtel prepaid card with 98/- gprs validity for a month time.
In APN settings i entered airtelgprs.com and the web browsing and mails started coming and it was really efficient.
I found out this trick from this forum only and i appreciate this gesture.

regards

Anand

vijay2pvk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microsim Conversion at Rs.50

If anyone in bangalore wants to convert your normal sim to microsim for iphone 4 or ipad within 5 minutes then You can call me at 9916404237 ... sim conversion Rs.50

vijay2pvk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone in bangalore wants to convert your normal sim to microsim for iphone 4 or ipad within 5 minutes then You can call me at 9916404237 ... sim conversion Rs.50

kartik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

After a long intervall of R&D finally my IPAD on mtnl 3g network works and i got speed of around 512 Kbps in delhi for download and 256 Kbps for upload. it works on mtnl 3g jadoo card. :)
hi ,
can i call you and get directions on setting mtnl jadoo in ipad to ,i get the always that no sim card ,not able to connect at all

Most reactions