What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm beginning to get discouraged by the lack of updates! I still don't understand why comex doesn't release his 4.3 jailbreak if it was already patched?

For updates, check out the @iH8sn0w Twitter feed. He seems to say that it was only comex's untethered JB that was patched in 4.3.1. https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/54655709484285952

Last edited:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kevbo said:
I'm beginning to get discouraged by the lack of updates! I still don't understand why comex doesn't release his 4.3 jailbreak if it was already patched?
They do want to release comex's jb for 4.3, but they need a legal method to distribute it....

What do they mean by "legal method to distribute comex's JB?"

f4780y said:
His method will require a component which is not licensed to be freely distributed. They are looking at alternatives to achieve the same result without violating terms of licensing. For example, something which is under GPL.
So at this I'm guessing that all we need to wait for is that legal method....

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd give comex $50 usd to remote into my pc and jailbreak my ipad2 4.3

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

anthony2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be new to this forum but been "jailbreaking" things before most here could spell the word.
unfortunately after doing some research on the market and the ipad 2 hardware i have an odd feeling about this now. with all the hardware issues and the ipad 2 being their new flagship product i am sure apple is putting everything in their power to keep this box closed and not jailbroken. i just don't see a jb coming out within the next few weeks even. i'm sure we will see one this year but just not anytime soon. i'm selling mine for now and staying with the ipad 1.

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anthony2006 said:
I may be new to this forum but been "jailbreaking" things before most here could spell the word.
unfortunately after doing some research on the market and the ipad 2 hardware i have an odd feeling about this now. with all the hardware issues and the ipad 2 being their new flagship product i am sure apple is putting everything in their power to keep this box closed and not jailbroken. i just don't see a jb coming out within the next few weeks even. i'm sure we will see one this year but just not anytime soon. i'm selling mine for now and staying with the ipad 1.

Thing is-is comex already has show he can jailbreak 4.3. The issue is the delivery uses components that are proprietary to apple and can not be freely distributed. They are working on finding a solution that's open source.

marc180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if there weren't people who bought the apps in the first place to suport developers to create more and more apps you wouldn't need to jb your device in the first place because there wouldn't be any apps to start from.

i myself can't afford all the apps out there and only bought the ones which i felt i needed most. if you can't afford a ferrari, do you steal one? no - because you go to jail.

it's not the same with the apps and no, I am not a developer - I am just trying to understand both sides.

Stop being a hypocrite and say you don't want to be "restricted" - you simply want paid apps for FREE - simply admit it and get over it.

In the end, everybody pays somehow - it's just the illusion you get stuff for free. nothing's free my friend, trust me!

Why do you automatically go to pirated apps. Cydia has really good apps that Apple decided aren't good (MyWi for one example). Jailbreaking is a means of unlocking the features on a device, it has nothing to do with anything else. What people do with that is different.

I updated my iPad 2 to 4.3.1, I figure might as well get the holes fixed and I'm thinking there's probably not gonna be a jailbreak for 4.3 since iPhone 5 will be out soon anyways, they'll rather wait for that and release a worthwhile jailbreak. Who know's maybe that's just what they want people to think.

Last edited:

TrentonHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the ipad (and any iOS Device in general) and had a choice when it can to buying my ipad. I was looking for the 16GB WIFI Only in black (Well the ipad 1 is only black) and could have bought the ipad 1 at a pretty good discount. I decided to go with the ipad 2 because it was the latest and greatest. Of course being the techie I am I want to Jailbreak it and it is so frustrating waiting for the JB.

I like all of you am checking every forum every day, even twitter for any news of either a tethered or the more desired untethered JB for the ipad 2. Thanks for all the great post an updates. You guys have been really helpful.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TrentonHawk said:
I am new to the ipad (and any iOS Device in general) and had a choice when it can to buying my ipad. I was looking for the 16GB WIFI Only in black (Well the ipad 1 is only black) and could have bought the ipad 1 at a pretty good discount. I decided to go with the ipad 2 because it was the latest and greatest. Of course being the techie I am I want to Jailbreak it and it is so frustrating waiting for the JB.

I like all of you am checking every forum every day, even twitter for any news of either a tethered or the more desired untethered JB for the ipad 2. Thanks for all the great post an updates. You guys have been really helpful.

Welcome to forum and we all hope the jb will be released sooner rather than later, however as the days go by I keep doubting lol

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no news on this it seems. I'm getting very curious as to why.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havn't seen any news either.. I'm starting to get a feeling they might be saving it for the release of the iPhone 5 since the Exploit works on the A5 chip. That would SUCK!!!!

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts