What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
I havn't seen any news either.. I'm starting to get a feeling they might be saving it for the release of the iPhone 5 since the Exploit works on the A5 chip. That would SUCK!!!!

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

Yes that would take, how long? A few month? What the hell am I going to do with my iPad 2 all that time, i'll just use it as a decoration in my living room.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ih8sn0w twitter seems to be best for iPad 2 JB news.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Yes that would take, how long? A few month? What the hell am I going to do with my iPad 2 all that time, i'll just use it as a decoration in my living room.

It'll be a good picture frame :-D

Maverik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Exactly! Might as well wait and upgrade in the meantime

Sent from my iPad using iPF

If I remember correctly the original ipad2 jailbreak was done by comex on 4.3 so I'm sitting tight before updating just in case ......

mikesong0323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
More direct, like his cell #? Still working on that, but it the mean-time:
<had to remove the link to post>

Haha if I had Comex's number, I would have spammed him out of his mind by now.
I'm another iPad 2 owner worried that the jailbreak Might be pushed back until iPhone 5's release :(
Someone please tell me that won't be the case!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mikesong0323 said:
Haha if I had Comex's number, I would have spammed him out of his mind by now.
I'm another iPad 2 owner worried that the jailbreak Might be pushed back until iPhone 5's release :(
Someone please tell me that won't be the case!

That will not be the case! There is absolutely no logic or reason for that to be the case. I would stake my iPad on it! Nothing we can say to these guys will make it come out any faster. We just have to be patient :D

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That will not be the case! There is absolutely no logic or reason for that to be the case. I would stake my iPad on it! Nothing we can say to these guys will make it come out any faster. We just have to be patient :D

I agree, besides I'm sure these guys want it out there more than we do

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
I have a jailbreak ready for the iPad 2 running 4.3.1
Just send $0.99 to PO Box 12345
If you order now, you will also receive a spiral slicer.

I can't wait either !!!

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the people that own an iDevice and Jailbreak it, you think there would be more than just a couple iDevice hackers!! This iPad 2 should've been Jailbroken already...

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

I think the idea is to wait until the iPhone 5 is out, or at least after production, as it is assumed to use the same hardware. If Apple doesn't have the jailbreak, then it will also be able to be jailbroken with the same method. This is in regard to the supposed bootrom exploit by Geohot.

I'm beginning to wonder if the hardware has gotten so secure that they have little choice but to save it. When you think about it, every jailbreak released to the public allows Apple to tighten the screws a little bit more. At first, there might have been a ton of hacks, so they'd always have a few in their back pocket for the next release. Perhaps finding a way in has become so difficult that they are saving the one or two that they've found for themselves or another major release.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nickso said:
I have a jailbreak ready for the iPad 2 running 4.3.1
Just send $0.99 to PO Box 12345
If you order now, you will also receive a spiral slicer.

I can't wait either !!!

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Do you accept paypal? ;-)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the idea is to wait until the iPhone 5 is out, or at least after production, as it is assumed to use the same hardware. If Apple doesn't have the jailbreak, then it will also be able to be jailbroken with the same method. This is in regard to the supposed bootrom exploit by Geohot.

I'm beginning to wonder if the hardware has gotten so secure that they have little choice but to save it. When you think about it, every jailbreak released to the public allows Apple to tighten the screws a little bit more. At first, there might have been a ton of hacks, so they'd always have a few in their back pocket for the next release. Perhaps finding a way in has become so difficult that they are saving the one or two that they've found for themselves or another major release.

Yeah, I hear you. I am pretty much convinced, by the time 2012 and the iPhone5 is here though, there will be a hardware revision. It is also likely to be an entirely new IOS5 architecture.

Keeping an exploit back for future devices only really works if you are pretty sure they are 1) imminent, and 2) won't have a hardware revision.
Look what happened with Shatter. It was kept back for all the right reasons, and despite the "drama" at the time, Geohot was right to force out the limera1n exploit in its place. But in the end Shatter is now on the shelf as a pretty much useless exploit. Some will argue that's because it was leaked, but be under no illusions, Apple has developers who's job is to find and fix exploits themselves too...

As I said, IMHO too much will change between now and iPhone5 to make keeping an iPad2 exploit hidden at all viable. The various teams don’t want to sit around on this suff. They want to get it out there. They aren't evil. They are heroes!
I think a lot of people just don't understand how challenging it is to discover and effectively utilise the various exploits that go into a working untethered jailreak. I've been doing this stuff for 20 years and it sill blows me away.

Just my 2c.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts