What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is official..details here xoom owned by ipad 2

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL as I will likely still be an iPad 1 owner AT Christmas. Tablets/desktops, etc are things I don't update annually. iPhone has been the only thing I ever did. I waited until November to get an iPad which in fact was given as an early Christmas gift for me. I am betting I will have it until the battery dies!

bouviersdad68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any present owner of a I Pad feel screwed over by the release of I Pad v.2?

While I fully understand the need for Apple to improve their products, I cannot believe that Apple did not have these v.2 improvements already on the "drawing boards" at the time they released v.1.

Apple, has been overwhelmingly successful this past year, registering record profits and soaring prices for their stock.
How greedy can you be, taking advantage, (especially in this economy) by releasing v.2 so soon after the release of v.1?

While many of Apple's loyal customers are genuinely excited at Apple's making a "magical", product truly improved, (us early adopters), I feel that Apple, has indeed, demonstrated, that any prospective purchaser of the release of a new product, should keep their hard earned cash in their wallet - wait at least a year, so that Apple does not use your loyalty and enthusiasm, to pick your pocket. Anyone annoyed?

Reaction score
bouviersdad68 said:
Does any present owner of a I Pad feel screwed over by the release of I Pad v.2?

While I fully understand the need for Apple to improve their products, I cannot believe that Apple did not have these v.2 improvements already on the "drawing boards" at the time they released v.1.

Apple, has been overwhelmingly successful this past year, registering record profits and soaring prices for their stock.
How greedy can you be, taking advantage, (especially in this economy) by releasing v.2 so soon after the release of v.1?

While many of Apple's loyal customers are genuinely excited at Apple's making a "magical", product truly improved, (us early adopters), I feel that Apple, has indeed, demonstrated, that any prospective purchaser of the release of a new product, should keep their hard earned cash in their wallet - wait at least a year, so that Apple does not use your loyalty and enthusiasm, to pick your pocket. Anyone annoyed?

A different question:

Why have you bought iPad 1 if it didn't satisfy your demands?

And how exactly has Apple screwed you over? I am assuming you willingly paid for an iPad 1 and that it is still functionable? It was clear from the beginning that Apple will release iPads at a yearly schedule, just like iPods and iPhones. While I do understand that you feel left out by this update, I cannot logically understand your criticism for Apple updating their products, because you paid for an iPad 1 knowing it's limitations and also the release of the iPad 2 does not take away any features of iPad 1. You can still use the iPad 1 for all the things you were using it for before the iPad 2 release.

It seems that you just always want to have the newest/best device and you can't really fault Apple for that, except maybe Apple's marketing department just a little :)

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wow! Very well put. Im feeling the exact same way. I said the same things about the iphone. They are pickin our pockets clean..lmfao. They could have easily released all these new hardware n software features on the first ipad. But thats their business strategy unfortunately. Get u wanting more n more. I am kimda pissed off now that i read ur post. I love my i
Ad as it is right now but apple could have easily had all of these new things on current ipad. There was no major breakthrough in technolofy in less thn a year to not include these new features n first version. Im glad i read ur post. Ima try my hardest to hold out till ipad 3. I got mines back n july n still findimg mew uses for it everyday. N now apple want s to release a better version to make me wanna go buy another one. Nice try apple. Only way im getting ipad2 is if i give this one to my girl and ive always wanted a ps3 but ill take ipad2 over ps3 anyday. My girl was saying the same thing. I havent even had the ipad a full year yet n now theres a new one. Ill give it to apple, they are slick as a mofo. Im jealous of the new A5 dual core chip and dual cams. Damnit apple, u could habe easily released all of this on first version but they are greedy. I doubt ipad2 can possibly sell more units thn ipad one. Reason being, because everyone got the ipsd1 already n skeptical about forking out the major $$$ to upgrade to a new one in less thn a year. Then theres rumours of ipad3. Imagine upgrading to ipad2 then next thing u knkw, christmas time ipad3 released which is supposedly the real overhaul..ahhhhh! Im going crazy with all this new tech. Im torn between my current ipad and wanting new ipad for its features, which i would use alot. My girl was like why u gonna give me ur hand me downs( my current ipad). She would want an ipad2..lmfao. Apple i am amazed about new ipad2 and very mad at the same time. U know how to pick our pockets very well n have us wantimg more n more. Great business strategy, those devils..lol

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bouviersdad68 said:

A different question:

Why have you bought iPad 1 if it didn't satisfy your demands?

And how exactly has Apple screwed you over? I am assuming you willingly paid for an iPad 1 and that it is still functionable? It was clear from the beginning that Apple will release iPads at a yearly schedule, just like iPods and iPhones. While I do understand that you feel left out by this update, I cannot logically understand your criticism for Apple updating their products, because you paid for an iPad 1 knowing it's limitations and also the release of the iPad 2 does not take away any features of iPad 1. You can still use the iPad 1 for all the things you were using it for before the iPad 2 release.

It seems that you just always want to have the newest/best device and you can't really fault Apple for that, except maybe Apple's marketing department just a little :)

Regardless, apple knows what the hell they doing...those slick a$$ mofos. We coulda had all this on ipad1. But nahhhhh, they like f$&@ dat, make them wait till ipad2, add those features n we make even more...lmao

bouviersdad68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Concerning Idontunderstandmyipad's comment - You also did not understand my comment, never the less, you made inaccurate and presumptive comments regarding the "logic" of my purchasing a I Pad.

Perhaps, you might open your mind, by thinking about the intent of my comment, rather then your reflexive comment, I'll considered and completely off the mark. Think before you write, attributing motives to someone you do not know. Personal comments are just that. You are entitled to yours, however, you display an arrogance, not insight.

Beamer4343

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I presently have the original ipad and want to buy ipad 2. How do I transfer everything from my original ipad to ipad 2? Thanks

Gen from Oz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey ya getting a bit upset there Bouvier! There's no need to get aggro. While I understand your feelings, it's true that staged marketing is what big companies do - that was just being pointed out. I'd also add that the "oh shucks, my IPad 1 doesn't do all that!" is exactly what Apple and every marketer WANTS you to feel.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey ya getting a bit upset there Bouvier! There's no need to get aggro. While I understand your feelings, it's true that staged marketing is what big companies do - that was just being pointed out. I'd also add that the "oh shucks, my IPad 1 doesn't do all that!" is exactly what Apple and every marketer WANTS you to feel.

Dont u hate that though? I just looked at all of engadgets hands on video's n makes me want ipad 2 more n more. Damn, it is wayy faster thn current version...ima be fighmtimg a serious mental battle of not wantimg to fork out another major $$ for this while at the same time wantimg it badlynas hell. Rhe cams n more powerful cpu and gpu are a major big deal to me. Never say never but dont be surprised if u hear me posting that i got a new ipad2..lmfao. Im really torn between keeping current one or upgrading. Apps dont have to be made already to take advantage of dual core, they are that much faster opening and running with it! I cant wait till ios 4.3 for safari spped boost. It was looooong overdue ;-)

Reaction score
bouviersdad68 said:
Concerning Idontunderstandmyipad's comment - You also did not understand my comment, never the less, you made inaccurate and presumptive comments regarding the "logic" of my purchasing a I Pad.

Perhaps, you might open your mind, by thinking about the intent of my comment, rather then your reflexive comment, I'll considered and completely off the mark. Think before you write, attributing motives to someone you do not know. Personal comments are just that. You are entitled to yours, however, you display an arrogance, not insight.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the whole intent of your initial comment. However, you clearly stated that you feel screwed over by Apple releasing a new update.

So what I don't understand is why you feel that your original iPad has lost its worth. Because at least my iPad still does all the things it used and for what I use the iPad, I can do all the tasks on the original iPad, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the iPad 1 in the first place.

if you buy an iPad from this standpoint: Here are my requirements; Does the iPad fulfill these? And you get to the conclusion that it does, then I really don't see how one could feel screwed over by the release of iPad 2.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danrivito said:
Never has a truer statement been said.

I'm an Android guy myself and have never been a big Apple fan... but after messing with an iPad at an Apple store recently, I couldn't believe how seemless and smooth it was. There was no lag, hesitation, or glitches that I could even try to point out.... And with more stories like this coming out... DroidDream Malware Enters Official Android Market, Chaos Ensues After Root Exploit Found Embedded - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog ... the Apple Vortex is sucking me in.

I've already dismissed the Xoom, and I'll be picking up my iPad2 on March 11th.

Astonishing, I never expected to see an Android user mentioning the new MOTHER OF ALL MALWARE. I have seen some bitter Android users saying that it is an Apple Plot to destroy Android instead of laying the blame on a greedy advertising company.

An old Proverb says a wise person has seen the clamenty and proceeds to conceal himself but the inexperienced passes along and must pay the price.

I pity those stuck in a two year marriage with Android. It doesn't look good for them.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bouviersdad68 said:

No

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many of the features of the iPad 2 were not available last year. The A5 is a new chip and the software to make some of it work right is just being released with the new iPad. Sure they had a good idea of what would be in this model, but that's called planning. Figure out what you need and make your component development come together in time to line up manufacturing. The story is that Retina displays were targeted for this release, but they could not work out the manufacturing in time.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To those who are buying an iPad2, what new functionality other than camera related things is it going to offer over you iPad? Everything I read about the iPad will also be able to do, including the HDMI.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple need compition

bouviersdad68 said:

While many of Apple's loyal customers are genuinely excited at Apple's making a "magical", product truly improved, (us early adopters), I feel that Apple, has indeed, demonstrated, that any prospective purchaser of the release of a new product, should keep their hard earned cash in their wallet - wait at least a year, so that Apple does not use your loyalty and enthusiasm, to pick your pocket. Anyone annoyed?[/quote

Apple need more competition they need Android to get on board with their product line. Come on one year into it and the Xoom comes out barely edging the IPAD 1. and that just because G4, built in HDMI, flash and SD slot. Oh I forgot flash does not work yet

Most reactions

Latest posts