What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is official..details here xoom owned by ipad 2

II HandyMan II

iPF Noob
Reaction score
II HandyMan II said:
Garage band will be fun. But do you think there will be a way for first gen ipad owners to load movies onto the iPad to edit with iMovie?

I can't believe the 9x faster graphics :( if only I had a way to get hold of the new iPad without loosing money selling the one I have. Ahh well that's what happens with technology these days.

iMovie is not available for iPad 1, at least the description only states iPad 2. Not sure, whether you can still install it though.

That's a real shame. It will be very annoying if developers forget ipad1 altogether and focus down on iPad 2. Some of us are not lucky enough to buy the newer version. I do hear apple are good at keeping older gens updated so there will be hope yet :)

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i have iphone 4 with verizon - can i get away with buying just the wifi version of IPAD2?
meaning, if my phone is on me , i can get service on ipad 2 without cellular connectivity ?

I would buy the 3G version as it has gps!!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
II HandyMan II said:
Garage band will be fun. But do you think there will be a way for first gen ipad owners to load movies onto the iPad to edit with iMovie?

I can't believe the 9x faster graphics :( if only I had a way to get hold of the new iPad without loosing money selling the one I have. Ahh well that's what happens with technology these days.

iMovie is not available for iPad 1, at least the description only states iPad 2. Not sure, whether you can still install it though.

That's a real shame. It will be very annoying if developers forget ipad1 altogether and focus down on iPad 2. Some of us are not lucky enough to buy the newer version. I do hear apple are good at keeping older gens updated so there will be hope yet :)

Yeah-I'd agree with that. I think there will be plenty of us around. I just got mine in November! I use it every day, but I'd hardly call that broken in! I have no intention of getting the 2 anytime soon. I have absolutely no need too. I have no problems with speed or performance. I think we will be fine though in terms of apps. A movie app might be different because of the processor-let's hope that's the only one then!
All this said-the iPad 2 looks sweet and I hope those getting it will enjoy!

II HandyMan II

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah-I'd agree with that. I think there will be plenty of us around. I just got mine in November! I use it every day, but I'd hardly call that broken in! I have no intention of getting the 2 anytime soon. I have absolutely no need too. I have no problems with speed or performance. I think we will be fine though in terms of apps. A movie app might be different because of the processor-let's hope that's the only one then!

Good Point made. I'm also happy with the speed of my iPad to so along as we get some of these new apps I will be happy. I got mine for Xmas and don't want to part with it just yet. Well done to those who have had the power to hold back for the new one!

Also as you may notice I'm no good with the quoting thing so for some reason it says another person instead of the original. Sorry :s

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zorah said:

15 Million in 9 months, I'd say so. They keep saying the year 2011 is the year of the ipad2....being said, I doubt we see a ipad3 this year

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will hold out as long as i can but its gonna be tempting to say the least. I have over 190 apps n domt feel like havin to worry bout them just yet..lol

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I will hold out as long as i can but its gonna be tempting to say the least. I have over 190 apps n domt feel like havin to worry bout them just yet..lol

Yea technology is a drug for me.....I just want one of everything! Or should I say its a charlie sheen for me lol

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 2 is going to be a happy gift for me. I like everything about it. Now to pick a color.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To anyone that hears that the ipad2 will have a two times faster processor and nine times better graphics processing, realize that that doesn't mean what you think it means. When anandtech tests the ipad 2 in a few days we will know for sure, but you can bet that those numbers are more marketing speak than reality.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To anyone that hears that the ipad2 will have a two times faster processor and nine times better graphics processing, realize that that doesn't mean what you think it means. When anandtech tests the ipad 2 in a few days we will know for sure, but you can bet that those numbers are more marketing speak than reality.

Dont be a party pooper..lmfao. Its the facts that was stated on the keynote. Plus one thing we Do know for sure, Its more powerful than ipad1. Plus it has dual core cpu and dual core gpu, so i can believe the 9x graphix power.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone that has actually used the iPad 2 has commented on two things. It was blazing fast, and it was a more natural feel with the really slim and lighter case, without feeling cheap. Too many people are commenting on the hardware, but the hardware does not make the iPad a success. Its success is when people get their hands on it and start seeing all the things they can do with it. And they do not have to read a 200 page book of instructions. This is why it is a success with so many business people, doctors, sales people, etc. With the right app for their needs, it is an easy to use tool. And it continues to advance our expectations as more and more people are writing apps that we never thought about. A journalist in the Middle East, who apparently had tried the iPad 2, was blogging that for him, it was a world changer. He could see individuals around the world, using the iPad 2 to create videos about events as they happen, editing the film in iMovie, and sending the product around the world. I would have never thought about something like that, but it was shown in the keynote speech that Apple gave, the iPad had turn many fields on their ears with what was now possible.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone that has actually used the iPad 2 has commented on two things. It was blazing fast, and it was a more natural feel with the really slim and lighter case, without feeling cheap. Too many people are commenting on the hardware, but the hardware does not make the iPad a success. Its success is when people get their hands on it and start seeing all the things they can do with it. And they do not have to read a 200 page book of instructions. This is why it is a success with so many business people, doctors, sales people, etc. With the right app for their needs, it is an easy to use tool. And it continues to advance our expectations as more and more people are writing apps that we never thought about. A journalist in the Middle East, who apparently had tried the iPad 2, was blogging that for him, it was a world changer. He could see individuals around the world, using the iPad 2 to create videos about events as they happen, editing the film in iMovie, and sending the product around the world. I would have never thought about something like that, but it was shown in the keynote speech that Apple gave, the iPad had turn many fields on their ears with what was now possible.

Great point! Software does make the machine.

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its success is when people get their hands on it and start seeing all the things they can do with it. And they do not have to read a 200 page book of instructions. This is why it is a success with so many business people, doctors, sales people, etc. With the right app for their needs, it is an easy to use tool.

Never has a truer statement been said.

I'm an Android guy myself and have never been a big Apple fan... but after messing with an iPad at an Apple store recently, I couldn't believe how seemless and smooth it was. There was no lag, hesitation, or glitches that I could even try to point out.... And with more stories like this coming out... DroidDream Malware Enters Official Android Market, Chaos Ensues After Root Exploit Found Embedded - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog ... the Apple Vortex is sucking me in.

I've already dismissed the Xoom, and I'll be picking up my iPad2 on March 11th.

Most reactions

Latest posts