What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is official..details here xoom owned by ipad 2

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me, it's nice but nothing earthshattering. I see it as iPad 1.5. I'll be happy to continue with my 1.0 and patiently wait for 3.0. If that gets Retina then that would be the advance sufficient to open my wallet again.

Reaction score
I am surprised that some parts have not been addressed at all.

1) what is going to happen with subscription apps?

2) No wireless hotspot on the iPad 3G? If they already integrate it into iOS 4.3 why not make it available for the iPad as well?

The iTunes home sharing sounds great though.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am surprised that some parts have not been addressed at all.

1) what is going to happen with subscription apps?

2) No wireless hotspot on the iPad 3G? If they already integrate it into iOS 4.3 why not make it available for the iPad as well?

The iTunes home sharing sounds great though.

New ipad2 3g model should be able to hotspot. If not right out the box, then u could always jailbreak where the hotspot app for ipad already available. Either way, itll work. ;-)

II HandyMan II

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Garage band will be fun. But do you think there will be a way for first gen ipad owners to load movies onto the iPad to edit with iMovie?

I can't believe the 9x faster graphics :( if only I had a way to get hold of the new iPad without loosing money selling the one I have. Ahh well that's what happens with technology these days.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on waiting for iPad 3 since I do not have a major need to upgrade, but SJ is great at the sales bit. If he was selling cars, I would be tempted to upgrade every year. The new iPad is a significant opgrade for a second generation. Many of the new features will partially translate over to the original iPad, but how well remains to be seen.

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... it is not enough for me to upgrade. I must say as impressed as I was
with the iPad V1, I am not impressed by this one. Okay.. so they added cameras...
I seriously questions their performance data on the display and the proc. But
we will see.. I think they may find the market is quite saturated with people not
wanting to upgrade.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Garage band will be fun. But do you think there will be a way for first gen ipad owners to load movies onto the iPad to edit with iMovie?

I can't believe the 9x faster graphics :( if only I had a way to get hold of the new iPad without loosing money selling the one I have. Ahh well that's what happens with technology these days.

Thats what driving me crazy about this. I uv da one i have now but really like the new one. Enough improvemnts to make me want one.
Very good question u asked. Actually, with new 4.3 ios on original device, i dont see why a jailbroken ipad with ifiles cant load a movie into imovies app to edit. I would hate to have to sync with itunes for that. I say technically, yes it should be able to be done. With jailbroken ipad and ifiles, u can load whatever movie or file into ipad without the need of itunes. Then just put it in the proper imovies folder or section. N Bam, now u editing movies. I really believe u should be able to. I know once it comes out, ima try it. Ill let u know if it works. I dont think imovies is exclusove to ipad2, proably more of an ios 4.3 thing. Good question though ;-)

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan on waiting for iPad 3 since I do not have a major need to upgrade, but SJ is great at the sales bit. If he was selling cars, I would be tempted to upgrade every year. The new iPad is a significant opgrade for a second generation. Many of the new features will partially translate over to the original iPad, but how well remains to be seen.

I still believe ipad1 hasnt been fully pushed to the max on capabilities yet. Only thing holding us back is the Ram. Ima try my best to hold out till ipad3 but i need more details/ruomours on it NOW, lol, so i can make my decision.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw. what is the news about the HDMI output?

It still requires a connector to convert the 30pin slot to HDMI as before.

Yeah new connector cable plugs into ipad thn into hdmi slot on tv/monitor or to an extension type cord cuz the cable is short..lol. So ext. Cable needed. So u plug media hdmi cable into the new plug, then plug new adapter to the ipad. But full 1080p mirroring capabilities with no set up or configuring need. Wrks right out the box. I think they said the cable will cost $35. Im hoping after 4.3 ios upgrade, it should wrk with original ipad. We will have to wait n see. Hopefully, ipad1 has enuff juice left to push it.

Last edited:

II HandyMan II

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thats what driving me crazy about this. I uv da one i have now but really like the new one. Enough improvemnts to make me want one.
Very good question u asked. Actually, with new 4.3 ios on original device, i dont see why a jailbroken ipad with ifiles cant load a movie into imovies app to edit. I would hate to have to sync with itunes for that. I say technically, yes it should be able to be done. With jailbroken ipad and ifiles, u can load whatever movie or file into ipad without the need of itunes. Then just put it in the proper imovies folder or section. N Bam, now u editing movies. I really believe u should be able to. I know once it comes out, ima try it. Ill let u know if it works. I dont think imovies is exclusove to ipad2, proably more of an ios 4.3 thing. Good question though ;-)

Yer I understand your point and thought the same thing but what if it's video shot on a camcorder on holiday away from a computer. I would love the ability to go through the camera adapter acssessory. I'm sure these questions will be anwered at later dates as people get hold of the device and explore it!

I can't wait to be able to create music to as I'm sure the new apps will be compatible (maybe not FaceTime and photo booth). Another question would be is there a jailbreak being mastered for 4.3? :)

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn 435 people already viewed mynthread n this short period of time. Check apple website as its updated with new ipad2. More in depth details on there along with what ive posted. No mention of how much ram but u have to figure at least 512mb. No way u can have dual core with the same 256 mb. Plus they mentioned multitasking better so id bet on 512mb of Ram or more.

Reaction score
II HandyMan II said:

iMovie is not available for iPad 1, at least the description only states iPad 2. Not sure, whether you can still install it though.

Most reactions

Latest posts