What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is official..details here xoom owned by ipad 2

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sells on march 11th, New IOS 4.3 also avalailable that day for other IOS devices!
Other countries march 25th
A5 dual core processor chip, same 10 hr. Battery life as the A4
9x graphics more powerful thn originsl ipad
2x Cpu power of ipad
Gyro sensor
33% thinner. And its lighter also
iOS 4.3 new improvements. Transfer files wirlessly thru wifi, airplay improvement. Safari performance enhancements.
HDMI video out mirrored output, plays 1080P $35 no set up or configuration needed. Charges while playing also. All apps compatible with it. Rotation compatible.
Dual cams, can switch from front to back cam or vs. Versa on da fly
Ipad2 can face all iphone 4's, ipad2's, and Mac's from day 1
Photobooth app
Facetime
Imovies movie making app for ipad2, serious editing features. Precision editor, multitrack recording, new themes, airplay to apple tv, share videos in HD, universal app! Over 50 different sound effects. Music switches automatically with themes. New sharing options, youtube, facebook, etc.. Avalaible march 11th for $4.99
Garage Band app- Touch instruments(can plug up own guitar if u wish), Guitar amp & effects, 8 track recording & mixing, over 250 loops, Email AAC file of ur song, compatible with mac version. This isnt a toy. U can make some real serious music with this. Also $4.99 available launch day
Same $499 wifi base model price
First dual core tablet to ship in volumes
2 colors sold. White from day one!

Here is a link to the actual Keynote video showcasing the new Ipad 2, ipad 2 is truly an all new design. Im very impressed with it despite not having retina display, check it out
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?deskto.../&feature=player_embedded&v=qQG0XfU-bFs&gl=US
Im truly stoked. They did a major overhaul of the ipad. I gotta have 1...lmao

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SCORE!!!!!

They did a lot better than many had predicted. I am surprised at two cameras, and there are a lot of minor improvements. The wireless file transfer is huge, and a lot of people will be happy about the 1080p.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SCORE!!!!!

They did a lot better than many had predicted. I am surprised at two cameras, and there are a lot of minor improvements. The wireless file transfer is huge, and a lot of people will be happy about the 1080p.

I know right..got dangggg...ipad 2 is da bomb!!! It has me really contimplating getting one now ;-). They pulled out all the stops on this one. Now im torn between wanting this ipad2 or waiting for ipad3 b4 end of year..damn, Apple just set the bar very high again. They even made a joke reference of Android honeycomb only having 100 apps...lmfao

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder now that it has video conferencing/chat, will Skype and fring come out with new updated apps to take advantage of this. The new imovies and garageband apps for it are verrrry good n cool

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it all rather underwhelming honestly. It is a nice refresh, but aside from the desperately needed processor bump I don't see much to make me want to ditch my existing model.

Did Apple mention what the system RAM is going to be?

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me they just add a camera and put in a bigger processer and made a cover in white ..I'm going to have to think about it before i update for i have the new model Iphone model that has the front faceing camera and that the one i use for the call's to the family..

3bavboys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2 4.3 hot spot question

i have iphone 4 with verizon - can i get away with buying just the wifi version of IPAD2?
meaning, if my phone is on me , i can get service on ipad 2 without cellular connectivity ?

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it all rather underwhelming honestly. It is a nice refresh, but aside from the desperately needed processor bump I don't see much to make me want to ditch my existing model.

I think the upgrades/refresh are major enough...no i didnt see what the RAM was..im guessing at least double the original ipad 256mb so its more thn likely 512mb's at least. Ill check.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SCORE!!!!!

But with the new software up date you should be able to do that with the older model ..

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have iphone 4 with verizon - can i get away with buying just the wifi version of IPAD2?
meaning, if my phone is on me , i can get service on ipad 2 without cellular connectivity ?

Exactly, u are very smart. Thats the way to go. No need for 3g version if u already have hotspot capabilities with ur iphone4. YES, ipad2 wifi version will easily connect to ur hotspot and ur good to go. Great question as im sure others would love to know also.

3bavboys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
awesome - ty

driving to an apple store to get in line from now !

jk

tthorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So will the software update not allow you to tether with the 1st get ipad? That doesn't make sense. The iphone 4 already has tethering capabilities through at&t, and for jailbrakers like me, I have it with my unlimited data plan instead, and that works with any device, from laptop to ipad. Am I missing something?

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I do see where u coming from on not ditching existing model just yet. Im the same way. I love the ipad i have now. But the ipad2 having 2x CPU processing power thn orig. And 9x the graphical processing power thn original is a "Major" big deal. I want to have cams sooooo badly to be able to video chat my family as they all have EVO from sprint n video chat with each other all the time. I will be thinkn very hard on this new ipad2. It makes me wonder about ipad3 now. Should i hold out n wait or keep up with the jones's and get this ipad2 next week? Choices, choices, choices!
I know ill be mad if i get ipad2 n ipad3 blows it out the water, then ill be faced with same delimma again. U killin me apple with these choices.
If u dont have an ipad already get an ipad2. No since in first time buyers buying 1st generation unless u find it on a steal. If i get an ipad2, ill give this ipad to my girlfriend. Only thing is, whats gonna happen with all the apps i have on here. Can i install them on new ipad2 without having to pay all over again for them? Thats a serious question that needs to be answered!

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So will the software update not allow you to tether with the 1st get ipad? That doesn't make sense. The iphone 4 already has tethering capabilities through at&t, and for jailbrakers like me, I have it with my unlimited data plan instead, and that works with any device, from laptop to ipad. Am I missing something?

Yeah, the 1st generation ipad can already tether with any mobile device putting out a hot spot or wifi router. I doubt new software update can block that. All it is is the ipad wifi picking up and connecting to ur tethering signal from mobile device. I do it all the time with my outdated win mo phone with xda wireless wifi router app. Decent speed of 1-3mb speeds also.

Most reactions

Latest posts