iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Mickey330, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kidneyshot

kidneyshot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Go to cydia, below you will see "updates" , tab on it and you will see the update for evasion.
    Install it.

2. kidneyshot

kidneyshot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can you give me an example of an remote access tweak? I am not sure what you mean by that.
    Thanks for the tip.

3. iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I cant see any section "updates". Here is a screenshot -

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Attached Files:

4. Apple2005

Apple2005
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think the "changes" button will show your updates.

Sent from my neken N6 using Tapatalk

5. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I mean something like OpenSSH. This allows you to wirelessly access your iPad from your computer using SSH protocols. Once/if you install this tool, you'll need to change the default password because if you don't - anyone on your network could, conceivably, access your iPad. However, changing the password will stop any potential hacking.

And yes, iRuthlessPad, check the Changes tab at the bottom of your iPad. That's where any updates - or new releases - will be. I tend to check there a couple of times a day, especially when a jail break has just been released. Lots of neat and new stuff! :)

Marilyn

6. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    PSA: We're now in a potential make-or-break period for Evasi0n7. Playdek and Apple have been working on an in-app purchase fix for the game Summoner Wars. This release on February 1st may be 7.0.5, or 7.1. Although 7.1 beta 3 did not patch the Evasi0n7 exploits, the same cannot be said for the official release of the 7.1. If you're looking to jailbreak on iOS 7, make sure you get the jailbreak working at this point, otherwise, if you result in a bootloop of your device on February 1st or after, you will be forced onto iOS 7.0.5/7.1 when restoring. February 1st may result in a 7.0.5 that fixes in-app purchase, or 7.1. Either ways, it's best to not bet on 7.0.5 or 7.1 full not patching Evasi0n7 or wait until the last minute to restore and jailbreak, then realize you have an issue on your device and are forced to restore to a non-jailbreakable iOS.

7. anotherscott

anotherscott
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is there something we should do now in order to assure that we can re-install the current jailbreakable version of 7 in the future (i.e. if we have a problem that requires complete re-install, and Apple has moved to a version of 7 that is no longer jailbreakable)? I remember there used to be a process for saving "SHSH blobs" so you could re-install an "obsolete" version of IOS for this purpose, but I haven't needed to do anything like this in a long time, and I don't know if that information is still current.

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    While saving blobs is still recommended, there is currently no way to use them with the newer iOS versions. They will be of no help in downgrading, as only pre-A5 devices can be downgraded, but only if you have the blobs. Once Apple closes the door on the iOS 7 jailbreak, owners of jailbroken devices must be very careful not to do anything that will require a restore to correct as they will have to upgrade to a non jailbreakable iOS version and be stuck waiting for the next jailbreak.

#258 scifan57, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  9. Rolleicord

Rolleicord
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is there a tweak like "No Update" that prevent a newer OS being downloaded on the air?

10. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The jail break tool, evasi0n7, automatically blocks updates. So, there's no need for another tweak.

Marilyn