iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Mickey330, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I want to jailbreak my iPad 3 but I've got lots of books on iBooks with bookmarks and highlights and I don't want to lose them. These books have not been added from iTunes but through Dropbox. What can I do to back up these books as I'm not sure that iCloud will completely save all my books and info. I should also add that this is a concern because my update to 7.0.4 is OTA so I will have to restore my iPad using iTunes before JBing.

Thanks in advance for your help and Happy New Year! :)

#161 Buddhaboy, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately you can't back them up unless they were iTunes purchases. The tricky situation is the font size that would shift the pages, and since bookmarks are page based, it's hard to keep the formatting as well as the bookmarks. Then there's also the DRM issues to prevent copyright issues.

3. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Willerz2 and thanks for all the help you give people on this forum. It's not so much the bookmarks now I think of it, it's the notes and highlights. So there's really no way to copy or backup these files related to iBooks? I've seen software for Windows that enables you to backup files on an iPad but I was wondering if there was an alternative to purchasing this software? I'd rather not jailbreak than lose my books.

4. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It may be possible with certain software. I'm not entirely sure where the bookmarks, notes, highlights, etc are stored on the meta plists if at all. I'll dig around and see if I can find it. If you can copy that same meta plist onto your computer, and replace it along with your books after the restore, it may carry over your bookmarks. Remember that iOS 6 and iOS 7 have slightly different ways of indexing, so even if you do copy over the plist, it still may not carry over. I'll look into it and see what I can find, but it does seem grim.

EDIT: You can use Settings > iBooks > Sync Bookmarks and toggle it ON. It works for books purchased through iTunes. I'll check to see if it works for PDFs and other formats.

#164 willerz2, Dec 31, 2013
  5. AirPlay

AirPlay
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    First my sorry for not full read rules. Mod team sorry.

Try to create full backup via iTunes, an after JB, open backup and copy your data directly on device....

And Happy new year from Bulgaria

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk JB iPad2 3G+WIFI

#165 AirPlay, Dec 31, 2013
  6. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    We need a list of jailbreak tweaks compatible with iOS 7, with its features listed too.

7. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Here's a compatibility list. Most tweaks are self-explanatory by name. The latter can be seen by searching the tweak name on Cydia, Cydiaupdates.net, or simply Googling them.

8. Wokiebear

Wokiebear
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have looked everywhere for this list! Thank you! Found out earlier that xCon caused problems, but used FakeTW instead. But was surprised at SBSettings causing me a Safe Mode crash. I wish I had this list. ICaughtU caused me to have to do a total restore, stuck in gear/Apple logo mode. THANKS! I have an iPad Air.

9. iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    So is it safe to jb my wifi ipad 2 now? Can someone give the link to the latest jb method and tool from evasion?

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

10. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Safe Mode should've been able to resolve your issue.

Yes. How-to here. Download the utility from the website itself here. Make sure you're using 1.0.2 as it fixes the iPad 2 Wifi and Rev A models.