What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SSH into your device and enter alpine. If it bounces back with an error where your password is invalid, then you've changed your SSH password. If you have no idea what you're doing, then more than likely you haven't changed your SSH password. Install AppInfo from Cydia, export the list of installed tweaks, and paste the list of installed packages here.

I had installed ayecon, hoping for an update. Just uninstalled and all back to normal. Got Mail! Just need to exercise more patience with tweets and themes I guess.
Thx
donna

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino HD level 57

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am getting size mismatch errors when i install some tweaks on cydia. Any solutions?

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am getting size mismatch errors when i install some tweaks on cydia. Any solutions?

Do you have a screenshot of the error or can you tell us what tweak you are trying to install? Many, many tweaks are not yet compatible with the iPad, so you're probably encountering that.

If you've got specifics...? Thanks.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's a cache issue. Tapping on Refresh in the changes tab, respringing, or the combination of the two should fix the issue

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and if it continues, you may have a tweak that is incompatible with iOS 7 or the iPad - or both.

So, keep an eye out and check on your tweaks if this issue returns.

Marilyn

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn, I was actually hoping for more feedback before taking the plunge since I'm kinda risk-adverse when it comes to jailbreaking. However, I decided that since this was a new iPad Mini in any case that I'm not yet really using (am still on my iPad 3 for most purposes) I decided to just plunge anyway and report my results so that others can benefit from it (hopefully).

I went through the first round "stock", ie without using the steps provided since that seemed contradictory to what the readme.txt file said about not setting a passcode. Unfortunately, my iPad Mini 2 went into the boot loop. I didn't realise at first what it was and thought it was just chugging along slowly, but slowly it dawned on me that this was the boot loop mentioned as the Apple Logo kept coming on and disappearing and coming on.

Hence, on to Plan B. I did the DFU mode thing and then restored. Alas, I downloaded the wrong ipsw file (7.03) previously and hence, sat through the slow restore using iTunes. Once that was done, I then set the pass code and tried the steps outlined...keeping my fingers crossed. And it worked!! I now see Cydia (which I surmise means it worked). Now to wait for my favourite tweaks to get updated for ARM64 and IOS7 before I start slowly restoring them back. My plan is to wait for the tweaks I need (Folder Enhancer and several more) updated to IOS7. Once that is done, I will then backup my ipad 3 and then restoring it onto the iPad Mini so that all my data gets brought over. Can I confirm that this is conceptually sound? If so, I will proceed ahead with this and use my iPad3 in the meantime.

The site you referenced talks about fixes for potential errors with the jail break on an iPad 2. Granted, there may still be issues for some, but this explains how to try to run the tool successfully.

Have you tried the steps outlined?

Marilyn

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I go ahead with jailbreak for my ipad mini now or still to wait? Because I was advised before to wait and that something is still to be worked out. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my neken N6 using Tapatalk

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I go ahead with jailbreak for my ipad mini now or still to wait? Because I was advised before to wait and that something is still to be worked out. Thanks in advance.

Sure. Go ahead and give it a try. Just make sure you download the latest version of the evasi0n7 tool and follow the directions (both in the included ReadMe file and from the evaders website).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure. Go ahead and give it a try. Just make sure you download the latest version of the evasi0n7 tool and follow the directions (both in the included ReadMe file and from the evaders website).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Thank you very much Marylin for the help.
Can you summarize the steps for me as this will be my first jailbreak. I am very new to Apple products. Ipad mini is my first buy. I shall be much thankful for that.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank a million. I did it. But what to do next? I am seeing one new application called "Cydia" on my screen. What is that? Please be with me. Thanks in advance.

Cydia is an unofficial iOS store that allows you to download or buy packages to modify your device. It has no affiliations with the AppStore on the stock iOS, nor does it allow you to install actual iOS apps like those in the AppStore. Modifications can be made to the software component of the device to change it's functionality, to change it's appearance, and in some cases, installs an application that provides functionality that's not possible on AppStore apps or on the stock iOS.

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia is an unofficial iOS store that allows you to download or buy packages to modify your device. It has no affiliations with the AppStore on the stock iOS, nor does it allow you to install actual iOS apps like those in the AppStore. Modifications can be made to the software component of the device to change it's functionality, to change it's appearance, and in some cases, installs an application that provides functionality that's not possible on AppStore apps or on the stock iOS.

Thank you very much willerz2 for the excellent explanation. But most of the things in Cydia says that it is incompatible with my ipad mini. Why? I could only download a few themes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts